Chapter LXXXVI

It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.

Elizabeth Taylor

Three months later...

It was 6 am and I had been going for a jog every morning for the past week. My ribs were feeling better, they were practically healed. Just barely sore but still manageable in order for me to run, jog, do push-ups, and do sit-ups. I think in one more month I would be able to push myself even harder to get back in to shape. After the jog, I go home, take a shower, and change. The girls were all sleeping in my bed again, I didn't mind sleeping on the couch anymore since my ribs weren't in bad shape anymore. I go to the computer room and boot up Eve. I look at the map and see the marked spots where my team was located. Josh's team gave me the addresses where everyone was at and the messages from my whole team.

AB's message was that he had a new daughter and that he couldn't leave at that moment, but to look for him once his daughter was a little older.

Marcus's message was that he would need some time to prepare.

Lawrence's message was that he said that he would leave the moment he would need me.

Kevin said that he had a new daughter and that he would leave when his wife, his son, and his new daughter would be ok.

Finally, Daniel my cousin has his two-year-old son, so he said that he would come, but only at the last moment.

I tell Eve to show me the map of how I would be traveling and recruiting people. She shows me that I would start from Eagle Pass, Tx. Up to Austin, then Oklahoma to talk to the Native tribes there. Walk all the way up to Montana and clean up the ranch there to make a base of operations for the North. Head West to Washington state, down to California, across through Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, crossing Texas again. Head to New Orleans, then Florida, up to Kentucky, and finally head to the house in DC. Once I was in Texas, I would send for my team and send Drew to Piedras, to get my daughters and bring them with him and Fito. It's a long walk and it will take a while to finish, but in the end, I'm sure that it will be worth the trip.

I head upstairs with my sword, two .45s, and a box of ammunition. I go to the small training section that I told the contractors to make for me. Half the house was a shooting gallery and the other half was for swordsmanship. I go to the training area where I can train with my sword. It was a house completely made of wood, I had it built this way because most houses in Mexico are made of ash, concrete, and brick. I wanted the house to be made exactly as a Japanese Dojo would be made, just out of respect for my sensei. The house was made of wood with four windows. I made sure that each window was one wall in order to let the breeze of the wind come in, even if it was hot, at least I would still be able to get some air in the house. I walk inside barefoot and bow towards the wall where I had the rules of the Dojo. I unsheathe my sword and do some practice moves with it. I jump and attack, do some rolling attacks, and do everything that was instructed of me to do when I was trained in Japan. I continue my attacks and start to move faster in my slashes. I move faster and faster and faster until for some unknown reason I see almost my life flash before my eyes and see myself fighting myself.

I move around and attack and continue to fight myself.

"I live inside you, Nicholas. I will always be that part that you hate about yourself. I am that hate that you will never control. The death of Zaelia, Elizabeth, Genesis, and even your wife, Eve. You couldn't save them. How much longer before you lose Jasmine, Lydia, Melfina, and Ayeka? You may as well let me out and let me take over and finish the betrayal that happened to you and let me kill off all your enemies so that I can finally rest, instead of just you holding me back and wasting all your energy trying to control me." My mirror reflection tells me.