Chapter LXXIV

I would rather start a family than finish one.

Don Marquis

On Thursday my mom went everywhere that Ruth took her. They went to all kinds of places. They went to the zoo, the malls, museums, the botanic gardens, the white house, they say the Lincoln memorial, the pentagon. On Friday they went out at night and went to almost the same places and my mom looked for Mexican places where they could eat. She didn't like the restaurants that Ruth took her. She told her that the Mexican restaurants she was taken, weren't Mexican restaurants. So my mom asked me to google some restaurants and I sent the directions to Ruth so she could use the navigation system on her phone. They took my suburban and had fun. I gave Ruth about $2000 so that they could have fun and buy stuff.

Eve and I were paying for all the things we needed for the wedding. All that was done on Thursday. On Friday I picked up Jasmine and Lydia at the airport and took them directly to the store where Eve got her dress. They measured them for their dresses and told me that they would be ready by Saturday morning because it was going to be a rush order. Eve had her brothers as best men and I had my four daughters as my best women. The wedding was reversed. I didn't care, it was an unorthodox wedding and we kept it that way. That same day I took the girls with me to the mall and to get Eve's engagement ring and our wedding bands. Eve's engagement ring had her two diamonds, blue and green. I told them to add two hazel colored stones and 3 dark brown ones for the color of everyone's eyes. In total it had 7 stones and it didn't even look like an engagement ring anymore. It looked like a family heirloom with birthstones of all the kids. I didn't care. I loved it. Eve loved my girls and I was going to make sure that she had a part of every one of them on her at all times.

We get home and the girls get off Eve's truck. I hated that stupid truck. My father's woman had one and I hated riding in it or in this case, driving it. I get off as fast as I can, we go inside the house and Eve greets the girls. They say hi to her, give her a hug and tell her that the flight was long because they had to wait at the airport in San Antonio for an extra hour because it was delayed. I tell them that they were home now and that I was going to order Chinese food to be delivered so that we didn't have to cook at the house. They cheer because they loved Chinese food. I laugh and tell them to give me exactly what they wanted so that I could order it. They give me their orders and then go upstairs. I can hear the girls running towards the twins and the twins laugh and cheer that they were home. It was nice to hear laughter and my girls playing in the room. It made me feel like the house was complete. I look to the back and the people were setting up the chairs and the arch for the wedding. It was a good thing that we had put in all the orders in advance and that we paid for most of it when we ordered the things. The only thing that we paid for on Thursday and Friday was the food, cake, DJ and photographer.

I get a call from the guys that were making my safe room and they tell me that the door was coming in on Saturday and I tell them to do it on Sunday because I was having my wedding on Saturday and they tell me that they didn't work on Sunday. I tell them that I would pay double for it to be done by Sunday. He agrees to it and I tell him to be here the moment the sun comes up. He says ok and that he would be here at 7 am. I say ok and we hang up. Eve gets the orders that the girls wrote down and I write my order down also and eve calls the Chinese restaurant that delivers to her house. I go to the study and get a box out that was wrapped and call for Lydia.

"Yes, dad?" She answers.

I ask her to come to the study and I pull out a camera to record. I give her the box and tell her that her mom told me that her birthday was in March and that since I first met her at the end of April, beginning of May, that I missed her birthday and that I had a present for her. She gets happy and jumps up and down. I hand it to her and she starts to open it. She sees a drawing of a giant alien head with blue eyes and asks what it was. I tell her to continue opening it. She opens up the box and removes the cover. She immediately sees a dark gray computer and takes it out. She sees that it was the laptop that we had ordered.