Chapter XXVI

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Sun Tzu – The Art of War

The first SUV blows up and the armored truck stops immediately and tries to back up. The second SUV blows up about 30 feet from us and my ears ring in pain. Fito and Drew immediately start shooting the guys that move around. Marcus shoots the last convoy truck with his sniper rifle and it immediately blows up to its natural elements that it was made from.

"Holy shit, these explosive rounds are no joke." He says over the radio.

I look at the truck and tell him that most likely they were meant for tanks or something else. Either way, shoot the other two and keep an eye out for anyone else, the other two trucks blow up and Kevin asks me if everything is ok because he can see the smoke from the distance. I tell him that everything is ok and that the explosive rounds have a large bang to them and he starts laughing. Lawrence tells me on the radio that he can't wait to make a bang of his own.

Daniel walks over to the money truck and tell him to stay back since we don't know if anyone else is in the back. Daniel goes to the front instead tells the guy to get out. I climb on the top of the truck and lift the top lid and drop a tear gas grenade. I hear coughing and immediately the guys come out and AB mows them down. I look inside and see the truck is stacked with nothing but 50 and 100 dollar bills. Daniel asks me what to do with the driver, I tell him to waste him. Daniel looks at him and hesitates. I walk up behind him and shoot him in the head.

"Cuz, you need to not do that again. If you can't cut it here, then imagine in a real war." I tell him.

He says that he is sorry and that he has never killed anyone point-blank. I tell him that it gets easier. We all get into the armored truck and we start driving to the ranch. I ask Raul if I can borrow his truck. And tells me that it was ok, I tell Fito, Drew and Daniel to pack up everything and fill up the truck with gas, we got a long way ahead of us.

Daniel comes up to me and apologizes for earlier. I tell him that it is ok, eventually, there will be a time when he has no choice but to pull the trigger.

"I just hope that you won't hesitate when it happens, because remember, its either he dies or you die. Think about that."

I walk to the truck and AB and Marcus get into the truck and we drive off close to where Kevin and Lawrence are at. I see an explosion and say "I guess that Lawrence finally lit the candle on this cake."

We run and see the three trucks in pieces and a lot of burned bodies. I ask where Garza is at and Kevin tells me that he must still be inside the house. I tell them to get ready to go inside. Once we walk up to the concrete gate, I tell them to watch themselves, we will split up into three groups.

"Two flank to the left, two to the right and one stays in the front just in case he decides to make a run for it."

We all agree and we start walking through the gate and I hear a window break and a gun pointed at us and see the gun go off.