Chapter LXXXII

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Desmond Tutu

The following morning I wake up at 8 am and tell all the girls to get up. They all groan and complain. I laugh and tell them that it was going to be a fun day because we were going to visit family and start all the process of hiring people for what we needed.

They move in the bed and I then yell "Come on! Let's go! Time to get up!"

Lydia says "I'm up! I'm up!"

Jasmine gets out of bed and the twins look around confused and wonder where they were. My poor girls, I feel so bad that I had to wake them up but we needed to do family things. I tell them to shower up and get ready so we can all go out and have fun. They tell me that they'll be ready in a minute.

I tell Eve that I was going to connect the Armatix pistols and have her reconfigure the users on the pistols. She tells me that she'll be done before we come back. I thank her and walk out and go to my room and get some clothes and tell the girls that I was going to shower upstairs. They say that they'll be ready in an hour. I say ok and head upstairs. Karen was awake and asking if I wanted breakfast. I tell her that I was going to take the girls to see my aunt and have breakfast with my family. She says ok and asks if she could have the day off. I tell her that she doesn't work here and that she could do whatever she wanted since she was here to help the girls with their day to day lives. She says ok and says that she was going to watch a few movies and just relax. I tell her that she should do that more often. She says that she was going to think about it. I laugh and tell her that I was going to go shower. I go to the restroom and start taking off my shirt when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and Karen gasps and turns around. I ask her if everything was ok and she tells me that she didn't know that I was undressed. I tell her that I had just barely taken off my shirt. She turns around and tells me that she was only giving me a towel since there were no towels in the restroom. I take the towel and thank her. I turn around and put it on the top of the toilet seat cover. I turn around to close the door and Karen was just standing there frozen.

I asked her what was wrong and she asks "Where did you get all those scars on your back?"

I tell her that my dad used to beat me when I was a kid and they never really healed. She tells me that she wishes that I had a better childhood. I tell her that my childhood was great since I had a mother that was always there for me. She looks down and says very shyly that she was going to go eat her breakfast. I say ok and close the door.

After I shower, I get dressed and go back downstairs. I ask the girls if they were ready. They tell me that they just need to get the twins ready and then everyone will be ready. I say ok and go to the garage and see the cars. I see that the Mach 1 is gleaming in the light. I touch the Humvee and see that it had a computer on the dashboard. I sit inside of it and it turns on automatically.

"Facial recognition accepted." The computer says.

I look at the computer screen and it shows me all the options. It shows the transformations it has and I decide to leave it be. I get out and go to my old car. My Pontiac Firebird Turbo. I sit inside of it and remember all the times that I took it cruising and when I brought it from Eagle Pass, Tx. All the way to Washington DC. People were taking pictures of it and telling me that I had a nice car. They were good times.

After looking at all the cars and motorcycle, Lydia startles me, "How do you like the cars dad?"

I immediately reply, "Geez, you scared the shit out of me!"