Chapter LXXVII

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

John F. Kennedy

We could all barely fit in the suburban. Good thing that the truck was three benches. Or else it would've been hell to sit everyone in the truck. We go to Fort McNair and show the MPs all of our IDs. He lets us in and I ask where the PX was before we drive off and he gives me the directions and we head out that way. Once we find the PX we all get off and go inside to get what we want to buy. Daniel says that it was like a regular store. I tell him that the difference is that we don't pay taxes here.

"So if you guys want anything, put them in your shopping carts and then give them to me so I can pay for them. Because if you pay for them, you'll pay taxes." I tell Daniel, Fito, and Drew.

They say ok and everyone goes their separate ways, except Eve and I. We go to the back to where all the camping gear was. I get 20 glow sticks of every color. I get 2 boxes of MRE's. I get a compass, a striker, and 3 large medical kits. I tell Eve that for now, it would have to do until we get back and get more stuff. Marcus was looking around and didn't get anything. Lawrence bought a camera, AB didn't get anything either. Kevin got a laptop. Daniel, Fito and Drew each got a camera. We go up to the front and pay for everything. Once we're done, we go back to the suburban and put everything in and head back home.

We get to the house and I see that the truck that did the safe room was here. We all get off and go inside the house. My mom greets us and I say hi to her. I go to the basement and check on the guys. They put the door in and were welding the ceiling of the safe room. They tell me that it would be ready in about an hour. I say ok and head back upstairs. I call everyone to the office. Once everyone was inside I put on my laptop and connect it to the projector and show them the files and start to explain everything to them.

"We have five American POW's. They are trapped in Khatyrka, Russia. According to this intelligence, our boys were trying to go inside Russia on a black ops mission trying to gather intel on a satellite that supposedly was being worked on. Now, I don't know what kind of satellite but the team was able to get some information but while trying to get out, they were captured and sent to a camp in Khatyrka. From what the satellites show us, is that the camp is roughly about 5 miles off the coast. Now, the plan is to go in on foot. It takes roughly about an hour and a half to walk five miles but we will be carrying gear. So expect a 2-3 hour hike because we will thread slowly since it will be enemy territory. Evelyn will be coming with us on this mission. She will be the translator and tech expert. Yes, I realize that we just got married. But, I need a translator. And being Russia, I don't want us being double-crossed. We go in, we check the area, we plan the attack and we get our people out. Now, for the extraction. We will hire a fishing boat and load it up with all the essentials to make it look legit. Once we are all on the fishing boat, then we call our people and rendezvous with them on St. Matthew Island." I finish the meeting and ask if there were any questions.

Daniel tells me that he understands why I didn't want him, Fito, or Drew on this mission. I nod and tell him that this was way above their pay grade.

He then says "I see that."

I tell him that I would take him on the next mission. Fito asks what the next mission was.

I say in a defeated voice "We're going to Mexico to extract Garza's son. The CIA found out about the money that we took. They are willing to forgive and forget if we do this for them."

Everyone stands up and starts talking at the same time.

"I know how you feel. But look, I cut a deal. The money won't be taken away if we do this. General Washington has made it clear that he will be on our side on this. Look, it's simple, we go in, get the kid, and come back. It's done. No more problems. But if yall are so worried about the money, then just take money out and keep it at your homes, put the money in safe deposit boxes, hide it at your mama's houses. Do what you need to do, but take precautions." I finish telling them.