EPILOGUE

As Nicholas, Josh, Drew, and Lobo make camp in the wilderness. Nicholas stares up into the sky and sees the stars shine like diamonds in an eternal darkness. He sighs and thinks about all the women in his life that he shared this with. He remembers when he shared the moment with his daughter, with Monique, with Zaelia, with Elizabeth, with Mary, with Evelyn, and finally with his four daughters. He finally goes to sleep thinking about the stars and how each one of them was a family member watching over him.

But a little over 2000 miles away in a park there sits a young man, sitting on a swing set and he looks up to the sky and he hears a woman speak.

"Looking at the stars again I see."

He responds, "Yes, I love how they shine and glimmer in the night. I feel almost at peace."

She sits next to him and starts to swing slowly and laughs while saying, "Oh my son. You are a dreamer. Dreamers are the most visionary people on this planet. They have the capacity to change the world. You have that in your blood. You have the will to do anything you set your mind to."

He smiles and thanks her.

She continues to swing and he says, "Mom, You never really look at the stars. You have strength, but the part of being a dreamer. Where did I get that from? Grandma? Or my dad?"

She stops and says, "Honey, Your dad passed away a few years ago and I have never taken away that Jack was your dad. But you being a dreamer. You got it from your father."

He looks at her confused and asks, "Father? So, My dad, Jack wasn't my father?"

She shakes her head no and says, "No sweetie. Your father was a great man. A dreamer and incredibly smart like you. I just wish you would've met him."

He looks at the sky and asks, "What was his name?"

She looks up at the stars and says, "Your father, he was a real big-hearted guy and smart. I gave you a Mexican name in honor of the fact that you are half black and half Mexican. Christian, my son. I just want you to know that no matter what. Jack will always be your dad.

But I thank the man that helped me bring you into this world.

I will always be grateful for Nicholas Santiago.