Chapter XXX

The purpose of a vacation is to have the time to rest.

But many of us, even when we go on vacation, don't know how to rest.

We may even come back more tired than before we left.

Thich Nhat Hanh

The next morning I wake up to the sounds of a shower. I get up and go to the restroom to brush my teeth. I say good morning to Evelyn and she moves the shower curtain to the side and says good morning. She looks at me and gives me this girly smile. Her eyes still captivate me and she has this big smile that makes me feel warm. I can feel my heart pounding fast. She tells me to come to her with a sign of her index finger. I go over to her and she kisses me. I hold her body close to me and she whispers in my ear, "care to join me? I need an extra pair of hands to wash my back." I smile and then finish brushing my teeth and rinse my mouth. I join her in the shower and start to scrub her back with the sponge and she then turns around and starts kissing me. I move her away from the showerhead and get wet so that I can start scrubbing myself with the sponge. I start to scrub myself with the sponge and she sees the water rinse me off and I could see the water turn sort of brown from all the dirt from Mexico. I hadn't showered when I came back from Mexico, so I was kind of embarrassed about the water. I tell her that I was sorry because I was so dirty. She just shakes her head and says that it was part of the job. I smile and sigh in relief and she kisses me again and tells me that I'm already clean. I step out and she continues to wash her hair. I hear the phone ring and answer the phone from the courtesy call, I tell them to wait and ask her if she wants breakfast, she tells me that she wants pancakes with a side of orange juice. I tell the front desk to send up the order with mine when breakfast is ready to be sent. They tell me ok and that it would be up in about a bit. I start getting dressed in my dressed blues and ask her if she's going to the pentagon today and she tells me yes but that she needed to change and that she had an extra uniform there so she would change once she got there. I tell her ok and then turn on the news.

The Spanish channel was showing that the town where we just recently left was being overrun by more cartels. I shake my head and didn't expect this. I see that there are some businesses on fire and people dead on the streets. I turn off the TV and toss the remote on the bed. I hear the shower turn off and Evelyn steps out of the restroom with her hair wrapped up in a towel and another towel wrapped around her body.

She looks at me and says, "I love a man in uniform."

She tiptoes to kiss me and then she lays down on the bed and I tell her that she has some cute feet. She thanks me and I tell her that I love her nail polish color. It was a sort of a dark burgundy that matched her fingernails also. I wanted to ask what last night was but I just ignored my own self because I didn't want to ruin a good thing. She turns sideways and tells me that she was glad last night happened. She wasn't sure if she wanted to come and see me but in the end, she took the chance because one never really knows.

I immediately start to go back into a memory when Zaelia was laying next to me in bed at a hotel and told me the exact same words. I come back to my senses and asks me what was wrong. I say nothing.

She kisses me and then sits on my lap and asks, "Do you think that your mom and daughters will like me?"

I tell her, "Of course, my girls are still too young to understand anything, but my mom will be ecstatic to see me happy."

She kisses me again but this time with a passionate kiss, I start to take off her towel from her body and start to cup her breasts when there's a knock on the door.

I sigh really loud and say, "Oh come on."

She starts to laugh and runs to the restroom with her clothes in hand. I open the door and room service comes in with a tray and our breakfast. I sign on the receipt and the guy tells me to leave the tray outside when I'm done. I tell him ok and then before he leaves I ask him if everyone else was awake. He tells me yes and that there would be a car waiting for us downstairs in 40 minutes. I thank him and he leaves and closes the door behind him. Evelyn gets out of the restroom and tells me that she's starving. She gets some of my bacon and eats it.