Chapter LIX

I am blessed to have a mother like mine. She is the greatest mother in the world. - Urvashi Rautela

My mom starts yelling at me. "What were you thinking? Out of all the girls on the planet, you chose my friend's daughter. Do you realize what you could've done? You could've broken my friendship. And did you even take care of the girls? But I would understand how it happened once. But twice? How did that happen? Mary let herself be convinced by you two times?"

Belen then speaks up "Patty, stop yelling. Our granddaughters are watching. And just so you know, it was Mary's decision to do this. So I'm going to tell you, I'm glad that Nicholas is in the girls' lives now. His life is doing better now. If he would've been in the girls' lives any earlier and he wouldn't have been stable and he wouldn't be able to be with them good because of his ex's and the twins were still young and he had everything to deal with at the same time, it would've been too much for him."

My mom gets quiet and just sighs. My check feels hot from the slap. Eve comes running to me and strokes my face. She turns around and as soon as I hear a word come out of her mouth I grab her arm and turn her around and shake my head no. I see her mouth open to say something and I tell her to give her time. Eve returns to normal from her angry form and holds me.

"I don't know what's going through your head but I'm sure you know what's best," Eve says.

I hold her and I look at the girls, they look at me with a worried face. Jasmine starts to walk towards me and she stammers while she tries to talk, "I...before I ask if you are ok. Is it ok if I ask you what you want me to call you?"

I smile at her and move her hair to the side. "Sweetie, you are my daughter. Now I know that I haven't been there for you for a long time. But you can call me whatever you want. Nicholas, Sir, Dad. Any one of them will do just fine, whatever you feel comfortable with." I tell her.

She smiles and then asks me "Why did your mom hit you?"

I take her hand and put it up to my cheek. She tells me that it feels hot. I tell her that her grandmother is mad because of the same way she felt the same way she did.

"Because think about it, I know that you are angry because I haven't been there for you. Well, she was mad because she thinks that I was holding secrets from her and she thinks that I was irresponsible for having you. And because I wasn't there for you either. But as your mom already explained. She thought it best that she would take care of you until I was ready. And I may have taken a few years, but I am ready. I'm ready to be your father. If you'll let me, I swear that I won't disappoint you or your sister." I tell her.

She smiles and gives me a hug. I hold her tight because she is my daughter. She is my firstborn and she will be an example for the rest.

"Daddy!" Ayeka and Melfina scream while running out of the house to hug me.

"My little princesses! I missed you two so much!" I tell them.

They each give me a kiss on the cheek and ask me if I brought them any candy. I tell them that I brought something better. I pick them up and carry them over to where Belen and the girls are at. Belen looks at me with teary eyes and smiles.

"Ayeka, Melfina, this is Jasmine and Lydia. They are your sisters." I tell all four of them.

Jasmine steps up and shakes hands with the twins. The girls look shy at first but once Jasmine tells them that they have really pretty hair and pretty eyes. The twins shyness goes away and they become mesmerized with their new sisters.