Chapter 16 - Moment of Denial

The group entered the warehouse and were immediately directed by the guards to go to the underground portion of it. They didn't need much instruction given that music was playing from below and the group could hear everyone have a good time.

"Well, I guess this seems decent enough, heh, let's go in" Nayeon led the team.

And she wasn't wrong.

As soon as they got downstairs, they saw a wide and open space filled with outer seating places and a huge dancefloor where people were hanging around.

The music was loud, but not too loud and definitely dance-worthy. Everyone stared in awe as they looked around and enjoyed the scenery - everything was modern, very nicely lit, clean and done right.

"You... You weren't lying... This really is something" Jeongyeon spoke to Suho who had a smile on his face.

She saw people that she knew as she waved at them. She also saw people that she didn't know, but saw at recent events, most of them rookies.

One caught her eye with bright red hair, standing alongside her friend with blonde hair. Jeongyeon knew she had seen their group's music video, but she couldn't remember the name. And she was definitely sure she had seen this red haired girl because she really stood out, however, she couldn't remember any names - neither the group or the members.

 And she was definitely sure she had seen this red haired girl because she really stood out, however, she couldn't remember any names - neither the group or the members

I'll remember it later... Probably. She thought.

"Well... Shall we find somewhere to sit?" Suho offered the whole team as they looked for a place where they can sit down for a minute to order something to drink.

The conversation between people was flowing and everyone was having a good time as the music was playing in the background.

At some point, people started to get up to dance to a particular song which left Suho, Baekhyun and Jeongyeon sitting alone again.

"You doing okay?" Suho asked with a kind tone in his voice.

"Yeah... Yeah..." Jeongyeon's voice went half a tone higher than she thought it would and it made Baekhyun chuckle, which caused her to slap him on the shoulder.

"Heeey... It's okay, you don't have to lie to us." He winced in fake-pain and smiled at her.

"It's just... It's such a whirlwind of emotions sometimes, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it..."Baekhyun replied.

"How do you get it?" at this point Suho was curious because of Baekhyun's remarks.

"How do I get what?"

"How do you get what she's feeling?" Suho asked.

"How do you mean?"

"Well... Have you ever been in her situation?"

"Well, not in this particular one, no" Baekhyun admitted. "I've never fantasized about any of you from the group, nor have I had feelings for any of you... Other than playing pranks on you and loving you like brothers" he admitted with a shy smile at the end. He then added: