Chapter 91 - Moment of A Date Going Wrong, part Six

Jeongyeon and Jihyo sat quietly for a while and enjoyed the music that was playing not far from them.

One might actually say "too close to us", but hey... At least I'm not messing things up. Maybe I should stay silent for a while heh... Jeongyeon mused.

She fed Jihyo the rest of the salad and Jihyo seemed less nervous than before. She munched on her food "like a happy baby owl", or at least that's the way Jeongyeon would describe it.

She saved me... I mean, she put me in that situation of being hungry, but she took care of me... Jihyo contemplated as she looked at Jeongyeon who was looking at the stage now.

She then put her hand on Jeongyeon's. 

This time, Jeongyeon used her other hand to sandwich Jihyo's between hers. She even started to do what Jihyo usually does to her - she started to draw little circles on Jihyo's hand.

Unlike Jeongyeon, who always felt an unsettling urgency when Jihyo would do that, Jihyo found that motion rather calming, as if Jeongyeon was taking her through a peaceful garden by just touching her hand - it was tranquil.

It's nice when she does that... Jihyo closed her eyes. Like... really soothing- Hey! Why did she take her hand away? Not fair!

Jihyo then opened her eyes and saw Jeongyeon smiling at her.

Jihyo was confused.

Jeongyeon then quickly texted her:

Jeongyeon: Someone looks dorky!

Jihyo chuckled but soon texted back:

Jihyo: Someone needs to get back to doing what they were doing!

Jeongyeon: Ohhh! Threats! :')

Jihyo: Pwease? :(

Jeongyeon: YOU are adorable and not fair! But what I wanted to say is that I'm going to the bathroom... I hope the meal will be here when I get back :)

Jihyo: Oh, okay, come back soon!

Jeongyeon: Someone's needy ;)

Jihyo: Pft. Whatevs. I'll eat your food as well if you don't hurry.

Jeongyeon: I'll be back soon, baby owlephant ;)

Jihyo smiled at that last text message as Jeongyeon got up and went to the bathroom.

I hope she doesn't get lost on her way there heh... Nah, she'll probably ask someone to tell her... Oh look, she's already asking someo- hey... that face looks familiar? Is that...? Oh... Oh that's Chungha... Wow... Didn't uh... Didn't expect to see her here... Oh, okay, they're smiling... they're quietly laughing... aha... aha... aha... hand! HAND! HAND!! Why is Chungha's hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder? Why is she holding it there for so long? Why isn't Jeongyeon reacting? Why are they still laughing?!

Jihyo then suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she saw her waiter approach the table.

He leaned closer this time to ask Jihyo:

"Would you like something else to drink?"

Jihyo contemplated for a second. She really felt like going for something strong. Something alcoholic that would give her a kick. She quickly looked at the menu. She thought about it.

She really thought about ordering something and causing a scene. She did not know why. It didn't feel natural. And in just a split second, Jihyo realized - If it's not natural, then, don't do it, Ji... Don't be a jerk...