Chapter 24 - Moment of Group Dynamics

"Ohhh.. I don't know how to say it!" Momo was way too excited as she started to shake her hands in the air. She was looking at Chaeyoung who facepalmed herself as she murmured:

"What a dork"

That gave everyone a good chuckle.

"D'you want me to say it?" she asked Momo.

"No, no, I can do this haha! Unless you don't want me to say it?"

"We literally called everyone-" Chaeyoung was then interrupted by a very excited Momo.

"Chaeng and I are dating!"

This made everyone feel shocked. Eyes wide, mouth wide, everyone just looking at the two as they sat at a long table in a restaurant.

Soon, small smiles started to appear on their faces as everyone was surprised to hear the news and they wanted to check if what they heard was true.

"Is this... Huh?" Jihyo was the first one to speak, furrowing her eyebrows and looking confused.

"Yah, we dating. We dating hard." Chaeyoung replied with a smug expression on her face, giving Momo a quick peck on the cheek.

Jeongyeon couldn't believe what she was seeing or hearing.

How did this happen? How did they keep it a secret from us that they were flirting or whatever? How did we manage not to see what happened? Is it even okay that they're dating? How will this affect everything? - She had so many questions swirling in her head all at once as she looked expressionless at the far side of the table.

"We... I don't know... I always kind of liked Chaeng's competitive side. And... I don't know, it just happened!" Momo squealed at the end of that sentence, making everyone to do so as well.

"And we're telling you this because we didn't want you to find this out in any other possible situations."

"Yeah, like, imagine if you caught us making out somewhere in the mansion, that wouldn't be fun." Momo commented grinning.

Chaeyoung then calmly put her hand on Momo's and spoke softly as she looked into her eyes:

"I know we might seem like opposites sometimes... And I know that it might feel like we're rushing into things... But we're happy. I am happy Momo asked me to be her girlfriend."

The two then shared a soft kiss on the lips, making everyone smile from ear to ear.

"And yeah... We know it can be a hard life dating in the music industry... But, we wanted to try. And we hope you'll support us and we hope it won't change anything within the group."

Nayeon was the first one to raise her glass, and soon everyone followed as she asked:

"Does this mean Momo is going to be in the same room with Sana and Chaeyoung or? Because that is going to be cha-os." everyone got a good laugh out of that one.

"We... We haven't thought about it yet." Momo replied.

"Well, there's only one life to live, so I say do what feels right, I support you!" Nayeon then added.

Everyone soon joined in on the support train and congratulated the happy couple.

Even Jeongyeon was able to shake herself out of her thought process in order to do so. But as soon as she was done congratulating, she got back to her thinking. Jihyo wanted to make a speech.

"I've known you too for a very long time now. And I am extremely happy that I do. You Momo are the fun, happy-go-lucky, soft dumpling that brights up our routines when we perform and who brights up our mansion when we're down. You're a goofball and we love you for it. You Chaeng are the cutest, coolest and smallest little cub that makes us all feel glad that we know you because of your strong sense of friendship and being able to make everyone feel like a movie star when we're around you. I don't think any of us have a right to say anything against this, and I am happy to see that we're all on board with this."