Chapter 17 - Moment of Dismay

Mh... Hmmm... Why... Why does my head hurt so much, damn!

Jeongyeon's day was off to a rough start. Her headache felt immense as she was lying on her side, thinking of how she wanted the pain to stop.

She felt dizziness and nausea as well and she felt like she might throw up in a matter of moments. But she held herself together as her body started to shake.

Why am I so cold? This isn't pleasant... I probably had... Way too much....

WAIT!

Jeongyeon suddenly opened her eyes.

She was lying in an unknown bed in an unknown room.

She had no idea how she got there. Her side of the bed was closer to the window while the door was on the opposite side of it. She took a peek on the side of the bed she was lying on and then she looked at the floor. Her vision was a bit blurry, but she could make out what she saw.

She felt extremely nervous.

WHY?

WHY ARE MY CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR?!

She rested her head back on the bed, trying to recount what had happened last night, slapping herself on the forehead.

It was then when she felt even more dizzy and more confused.

Her head was killing her, she felt cold and she felt even more nauseous.

Could this day get any worse? No... I'm not going to ask that question, that question never leads to anything good.

What did I do? What did I do? What did I do?

Okay, I'll remember... I was... Wait... Ngh! This headache!

Jeongyeon then closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. She clumped up into a ball and rested her chin on her knees.

This is not happening, I am not here. This is not happening, I am not here. This is not happening, I am not here.

She read somewhere that if you say that mantra enough times, you will feel a bit more at ease with yourself, no matter what is going on.

This is not happening, I am not here. This is not happening, I am not here. This is not happening, I am not hereeee... I am not here...

Jeongyeon quietly started to sob.

Why? How did I get into this mess? With whom? I just want to sleep... I just want to sleep and wake up and have everything be okay... Have Momo pinch me by the cheeks when I wake up. Have Sana and Mina greet me with their morning smiles as they pass me by in the kitchen. Have Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu still be asleep long after the rest of us are up. Have Nayeon make a bad joke. Have Ji.... Have Jihyo.

Jeongyeon continued to sob extremely quietly for a while.

She couldn't move. She felt tired and disoriented. She couldn't even get her head up.

Don't throw up. Don't throw up. Don't throw up. Please. I don't want to throw up. Please, body, please!

She tried to rest for a while and managed to close her eyes once again. She was trying to make herself go to sleep so that she could regain some energy and get out of there. She wanted to get out of there, but her body wasn't letting her go.

She fell asleep for a short period of time, regaining some energy.

She then heard footsteps from outside of the room.

I guess this is the answer to my "Could this day get any worse?" question. She internally sighed.

And like that, Baekhyun quietly entered the room.