Chapter 57 - Moment of Turning Over a New Leaf

Jeongyeon was in her room. She took a quick shower before that and was now sitting on her bed.

Her mind would go between two states in this moment - overwhelmed or numb.

Overwhelmed by her talk with Jihyo, and then numb with all the feelings she had mixed up inside of her. It felt tiresome. It felt like it was draining her entirely.

She looked around the room and felt empty. The room was full, but she felt empty.

Full with her things, notebooks, clothes, gifts, photos... And her saxophone.

She stared at it for a while, thinking about how she wished she was on a stage playing somewhere and then there would be Jihyo sitting in the audience, watching her play.

She pictured them after several years of being together and she still imagined Jihyo looking at her with those big brown eyes in admiration. She would imagine how she would later get off the stage and take Jihyo out for a nice meal and drinks.

Then take her around town.

All of that.

But it was slowly fading away.

In her imaginary scenario, Jihyo's face was fading away from the audience. Slowly, but surely.

Jihyo herself was slowly moving away from her while they walked down the street or while they were at a restaurant.

Jihyo slowly wasn't there.

And it hurt.

She sat there in silence for a while, contemplating on life, before she took out her phone. She had received several messages from Sua. Jeongyeon's eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out why Sua would message her, but then she remembered that Sua was also at the same dance event that Jihyo was. Jeongyeon's frown then turned into a smile.

Heh... Let's see what she said.

Sua: Hey! I know you said you didn't want me to report on anything from tonight, buuuut this class is like a goldmine and I couldn't keep everything in! So, if you wish not to read more, just ignore everything I'm about to write down.

Okay, seems legit, might as well ignore it. Jeongyeon thought as she looked up from her phone. She then chuckled at her own response and went back to the other messages Sua sent.

Sua: So, anyway, if you're reading this - let's get things started! I'm typing you now because we're currently on a small break and Gahyeon from my group went to the bathroom so I'm alone and no one can see me observing! Ain't I sneaky? :')

Sua: Anyway! First off - Jihyo looks adorable in her dress and small shoes, one would want to just pinch her cheeks! She's here with the gang that you've mentioned previously and I see she brought an extra member, a.k.a. Wendy from Red Velvet! Am I going to see sparks fly between them tonight? I didn't know they were hanging out. Anyway, just kidding, let's move on!

Sua: The two of them, so far, have been friendly-oriented towards each other. A little giggle here and there, Jihyo would catch Wendy in case she would fall, really handling her well if I may say so! ...But there's nothing to worry about if you were to worry about Wendy for some weird reason, I don't know...

Sua: Btw, Wendy is adorable too tonight ^^ They  just look like a cute pairing of two short people ^^ Not that I'm much taller than them, but still, they look cute together dancing.

Sua: WAIT! That is not to say that YOU and JIHYO wouldn't be cute dancing, damn, I'm sorry!

Jeongyeon chuckled at that last one.