Chapter 70 - Moment of Family Bonding

"Hey." Jeongyeon softly spoke as she entered the kitchen. After that she softly chuckled as she presented herself in Jihyo's pajamas.

Jihyo was looking at her phone while she sat at the small kitchen table, while Jihyo's mother was facing towards the soup that she was making for Jeongyeon. When Jeongyeon said "Hey.", Jihyo raised her gaze and looked at Jeongyeon with a huge grin on her face.

"Mom, look!" she insisted and her mother turned around. Jihyo was already quietly laughing while her mother gasped and a smile appeared on her face.

"Oh, look at you, aren't you sweet? Come here Jeongyeon, my precious little sunflower!"

Jihyo's mother then went in for a huge hug with Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon hugged back immediately, a huge smile appearing on her face. Jihyo was watching from the side, her smile could be seen from the other end of the house, or at least that's what Jeongyeon thought.

"Oh, how I missed you here, oh, oh oh! You've grown so tall!"

"He-hey! I missed you too, mama Park!" Jeongyeon replied right back while being embraced. Both Jihyo and her mother had a huge grin upon hearing that nickname. 

Years ago, when she had just met the Park family, Jihyo's parents decided immediately that Jeongyeon would be an extended part of it and insisted that she called them "mama" and "papa" Park. At first Jeongyeon found it embarrassing and couldn't even imagine calling them like that, but one afternoon while she was hanging out with the whole family during game night, it came out naturally and ever since they have been "mama" and "papa" Park.

After they got out of their embrace, Jeongyeon started to apologize:

"I'm so sorry for coming at this late hour and waking you up, there was really no need to make me any food-"

"Oh stop it, Jeongyeonie" Jihyo's mother lightly slapped her on the shoulder and giggled. Jeongyeon had a huge grin on her face now upon hearing that nickname.

"But, you did remind me, let me just check the soup and see if it's finished, you sit at the table, the food will be done soon. I also added some fresh carrots so that you'll stay healthier."

"Awww, there's really no need-"

"I bet you're very hungry from the trip" she interrupted her with a sweet tone in her voice.

"Oh really, it's not that far out from Seoul." Jeongyeon replied.

"Well... If you say so, dear, I'm just glad you made it... Why didn't you bring an umbrella?"

"It didn't say it would rain... Plus, I was in a hurry." Jeongyeon said that as she looked at Jihyo. They were both sitting on opposite sides of a small kitchen table.

"Well maybe not in Seoul, but here... Yeah, there was a forecast that it would rain... But it doesn't matter, I'm just glad that I'm seeing you." she spoke in a cheerful voice. She then turned around for a second to take a better look at Jeongyeon who was sitting and smiling at her.

"Oh Jeongyeonie... Are those pajamas too small for you? Jihyo! Why are you laughing?" she asked with a grin on her face. Both Jeongyeon and Jihyo started to laugh upon hearing that question.

"Whaaat? She looks like an overgrown toddler in them!" Jihyo defended.

"Oh sure... or someone's real tiny." Jeongyeon teased back, causing Jihyo to stick her tongue out and Jeongyeon followed.

"It's nice to see that nothing has changed between you too!" Jihyo's mother noted, clasping her hands and smiling.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo then went silent. It felt awkward hearing that particular sentence.