Chapter 58 - Moment of Exposure

The following morning Jeongyeon woke up. She read the messages of support that Baekhyun, Suho and Sua had sent and smiled. She thought about how things really were going to be different now that she is going to change things in her life.

 Well, not now, but soon.

Her time in the shower didn't feel like torture because she didn't think of Jihyo that much, and when she did, it wasn't as intense as it was before.

Her walk towards the kitchen wasn't frightened or filled with anxiety.

She actually felt like she had a pep in her step.

Why am I so happy? What is this? Jeongyeon thought as she got into the kitchen.

"Good morning, sunshine" Nayeon greeted her.

"Good morning to you too!" Jeongyeon happily greeted her back as she got herself some cereal.

"Why so happy this morning?" Nayeon teased.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jeongyeon replied.

"Oh I don't know... Is it related to something that happened last night? Maybe you had a... nice date with someone?" Nayeon continued to tease.

"Oh, is that what's happening here?" Jeongyeon replied back, smiling.

"We just wanna know, you know?" Nayeon responded while putting her arm around Mina.

Mina just cutely nibbled on her food and looked at Nayeon confused. Nayeon then kissed her forehead and smiled.

Jeongyeon looked around and saw that Momo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Tzuyu were missing. Jihyo looked at her, but soon lowered her gaze. It looked as if she had guilt written all over her face.

"I had a nice time with Chungha, yes... But I wouldn't call it a date." Jeongyeon noted.

She then thought about Chungha for a second, but soon shook her head out of her thoughts when Nayeon asked her:

"Then what would you call it? Because we've seen Momo home early last night and she said she left you two to be alone."

"Yeah.... I think Momo left us because she had something different in mind last night. Or should I say, someone different on her mind..." Jeongyeon smirked as she poured milk onto her cereal.

"Also, didn't know Momo was so gossip-y lately..." she then ate her ceareal.

Sana, Mina, Nayeon and Jihyo just looked at each other.

"Are you saying what we think you're saying?" Nayeon asked.

"That Momo and Chaeyoung are back together? No. But did they meet up last night for an "interesting evening"? Probably." Jeongyeon continued to eat.

"How would you even know this?" Nayeon asked again.

"Momo left me after we barely got to the concert. She also left me with a huge grin on her face."

"Yeah, but how would you know she met up with Chaeyoung?"

"Was Chaeyoung with you the entire night?" Jeongyeon then asked, not wanting to expose Sua.

The four girls looked at each other in silence.

"No, but how did you guess that?"

"Momo had a huge grin on her face. It had to be something important." Jeongyeon managed to reply smoothly. She then said:

"Also, were Momo and Chaeyoung both at home when you came?"

"Yeah, but... Momo was in the living room, Chaeyoung was in her own room."