Chapter 71 - Moment of Friends Getting Closer

They finished their soup in silence, giggling every so often at the way they were eating from the same bowl. Jeongyeon then quickly dried her hair.

When they were finished, Jihyo insisted on washing the bowl and told Jeongyeon to go upstairs into her room.

"It's not a problem, I can wash it, I already came into your home, I woke up your mom-"

Jihyo just gave her a side glance. She didn't even have to say anything and Jeongyeon already understood.

"I'll see you upstairs."

Jihyo smiled and nodded as she took care of the bowl and everything else that needed to be cleaned up after their meal.

As Jeongyeon was heading upstairs, she looked at the old photos that were hanging on the walls near the staircase. All of the photos were family photos of Jihyo, her sisters and their parents. Jeongyeon smiled while she looked at them, finding Jihyo very adorable in each and every one of them.

Why is she so tiiiiny? Jeongyeon even quietly giggled at the thought.

She finally got to the final step of the staircase and noticed an older photo. Or at least older than the some of the ones that were on the stairs. She knew which one it was and a huge grin appeared on her face almost instantly.

Pictured on it was Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon's parents and her sisters along with Jihyo, Jihyo's parents and her sisters. It was a family barbecue put together one random Sunday the first time Jeongyeon and Jihyo decided that they wanted their families to meet way back in the day.

Even back then we acted like we were married pft...

On the photo you could see the Parks on one side of the photo with the Yoos on the other side, but everyone kept close to each other. It felt and looked like a happy family photo.

And in the middle of it, Jeongyeon and Jihyo were standing next to each other, covering each other's faces with their hands.

Classic us. Jeongyeon shook her hand and rolled her eyes.

She heard small and light footsteps at the bottom of the stairs.

"I love that photo!" Jihyo exclaimed quietly.

Jeongyeon chuckled. "So do I..."

The duo then finally entered Jihyo's bedroom.

Nostalgia swept Jeongyeon off her feet as she noticed that not much had changed - there was new paint on the walls, but basically everything pretty much stayed the same - the mirror, the work desk, the closets, the single bed.

The SINGLE bed... damn... Welp, this won't get awkward later...

Jeongyeon and Jihyo finally sat down on Jihyo's bed, looking at each other.

"So..."

"Look... I came here because... I am a hypocrite."

"Yeah, I was wondering what that was all about, care to explain?"

"We... and by "we", I mean Momo, Chaeyoung, Nayeon, Mina and I heard what had happened when we videocalled you."

"Yeah, I figured."

"And so... We got worried. All of us. And... I told everyone that you probably needed to be alone so that you can process this by yourself. You've been down this road before with your parents and... it made sense to me that you would want to keep this whole thing private. So I told everyone "Hey, let's just leave Jihyo alone, and she'll get back to us when she needs us. This is family stuff and she needs to deal with this only with her family"... And then I got into my room."