Chapter 29 - Moment of Distress

Okay. I can do this. I am sober enough to do this. I am brave. I am Yoo Jeongyeon, the brave, and you, Jihyo... are going to hear me out now!

Jeongyeon managed to get into the mansion. She was laser-focused. She didn't know where everyone was, but that didn't matter now. The only thing that mattered was to find Jihyo.

She checked in the kitchen and living room first - Nayeon and Chaeyoung were in the kitchen, making sandwiches, while Mina and Momo were in the living room, relaxing.

"Where's Jihyo?" Jeongyeon asked Nayeon.

"Uh, I think she's in her room?" Nayeon responded unsure of her true whereabouts.

"Do you know if Sana's with her or...?"

"I think Sana's out. Why do you need Jihyo? Are you going to pull a prank on her or something? Because this time, I want in, I want a little fun" Nayeon replied with a smirk.

"Nope, just need to talk to her." Jeongyeon replied seriously.

"Oh... Okay... Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. Just need to talk to her." Jeongyeon replied instantly while also taking a bite out of Nayeon's sandwich and turned around to leave.

"Heeey!"

"Sorry, needed to take a bite!" Jeongyeon replied with a full mouth. Chaeyoung just chuckled.

Okay, chew, chew, chew, chew once more. Check your teeth so there's nothing in between them as you do your big speech. Okay, I'm good.

Huh!

I can do this!

I am a person who can do this!

Let's get it Jeongyeon! Time to be brave!

Being well-mannered as she was, she knocked on the door, which was slightly opened. She then heard Jihyo talking to someone on the phone.

"Come in." she said in a worried tone of voice.

Jeongyeon entered the room and she saw a scared Jihyo sitting on her bed, holding her phone as she nodded her head to whatever she was hearing from the other side.

"I'm sorry, this won't take long" Jihyo said in an apologetic tone, but Jeongyeon heard a crack in her voice.

Is she crying? Is... No... No... Please don't cry, please! Jeongyeon's heart was already breaking at the sight.

 Please don't cry, please! Jeongyeon's heart was already breaking at the sight

"Mhm... Okay... No... No... I'll do it... No... It's... No... Okay, talk to you soon!" Jihyo talked to the other person on the phone and her voice was shaking throughout.

She was distraught.

She ended her call and stared at Jeongyeon with tears in her eyes.

Jeongyeon was even afraid to ask, but she managed: