Chapter 21 - Moment of Horror

Her key turns in the lock.

Jeongyeon enters the mansion.

The feeling is eerie, as if something had happened that shouldn't have. Not that Jeongyeon wanted anything to happen. Not that she had any real proof that anything happened.

And yet, there it was, a feeling that was creeping on her, like something was off.

And then, in the middle of the hallway, suddenly she appeared.

Her angel.

Or at least that's what she wanted to call her right at that moment. After a second she knew how cheesy that would sound, but still, she felt like being cheesy at that one moment.

However, her angel looked concerned, her face filled with terror, like she wasn't sure who she was looking at.

Jeongyeon managed to look her in the eye for so long before turning her gaze to the ground, pretending like she saw something on the floor. Then she started to take off her shoes and put on her slippers.

Jihyo started to walk towards Jeongyeon in silence, never taking her eyes off of her face.
Her walk started out slow but got faster as she was approaching Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon's heart started beating faster with each step Jihyo took.

And just like old times, Jihyo just slammed her body against Jeongyeon's embracing her in a hug, placing her head just beneath Jeongyeon's. Their height difference always made them feel like they "fit", that's at least what Jeongyeon would usually think when Jihyo hugged her.

"You're okay, you're okay, you're okay" Jihyo mumbled under her breath as she snuggled in that embrace.

After a couple of seconds, Jeongyeon felt less tense from the hug and loosened while also embracing Jihyo.

"Why... Why wouldn't I be okay?" Jeongyeon asked in a worried voice.

"I knew you were okay, Suho was on the case, but still, it's nice that you're here..." she snuggled into the embrace that she was even further, slightly inhaling Jeongyeon's scent.

It was a nice feeling, something Jeongyeon wasn't willing to lose, and something Jeongyeon was willing to fight for, but at what cost? What will she have to endure in order to get to this position every day?

"Phew.... Oh damn, Jeong... You need to take a shower, you smell like death" Jihyo then commented with a disgusted look on her face. She still held onto Jeongyeon even though she said that.

"Yeah, that's for sure" Jeongyeon chuckled. Her heart went from pounding to slowing down in a matter of moments, and that was Jihyo's effect on her.

Only then Jihyo removed herself from the embrace and asked:

"Hey, have you brought pizza?"

"Pizza? No? Why would I bring pizza?" Jeongyeon was confused.

"You haven't seen my messages?" Jihyo looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"No, uh, my phone battery died and I didn't have a charger so yeah...." Jeongyeon lied. She just wasn't brave enough to look at her phone.

"Oh, uh... Well, we have a guest here and to make them feel at home, I decided to make everything nice and warm, I baked some cookies and whatnot, but I asked you to bring pizza in case you're coming earlier home today... But, no matter, I can order it now anyway, it's only noon."

"Oh... Uh... Yeah, you do that." Jeongyeon was confused but agreed.

"If it's not okay that she and I are in our room, I can move us to the living room so that you can have your hangover peace."

Jeongyeon then stood there for a second with furrowed eyebrows.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" Jihyo smirked.

"Yeah, no, sorry, I'm.... I'm a bit confused... But also, Jihyo, can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

And just when she wanted to say something, out of nowhere - Chungha appeared in the hallway.

"Hey Ji, do you think it's too late if we order- Oh hi Jeong! Are you okay? Is everything okay?" she greeted her with a happy smile.

"Hey... Chungha... Yeah, no, everything's fine." she barely replied with a smile.

Oh the horror.

Did she... did SHE spend the night?

Is SHE the guest? Where did SHE sleep?

Did she sleep with Ji- I don't even want to finish that question!

A million voices started to appear in Jeongyeon's mind before Jihyo shook her out of it:

"Hey, Jeong, you okay?"

"Yeah, no, I think I need to take a shower, I'm feeling kinda sick from my own smell" she managed to lie.

"You sure? Do you need some water or anything?" Jihyo was concerned.

"No, no, I'll be fine." Jeongyeon lied again. She didn't know if she would be fine. She didn't know what she even wanted to say before Chungha came into the situation, but now that she was here, she definitely has no idea what to do.

Jeongyeon was in the shower for 20 minutes with only one thing on her mind.

What. The hell. Happened. Between those two?

 Between those two?