Chapter 20 - Moment of Stalling

Jeongyeon was sitting in the front of the car while Baekhyun was driving and Suho was sitting in the back.

"Do you know where our mansion is?"

"Yeah, we didn't get to see it so far, so you're going to have to navigate us." Baekhyun replied.

"Oh... Do you... Do you wanna go inside, maybe get some coffee with us or?" she offered both of them.

"Thanks for the offer, but we'll have to get back to our dorm, stuff to do and all..."

"Oh..." Jeongyeon replied disappointed.

Suddenly Suho spoke:

"Look, Jeong... You can do it. When we get to your mansion, you can go inside and face your fears and whatever it is that is bothering you. No one has seen what had happened tonight so you're in the clear on that AND more importantly, everyone knows you're safe and unharmed. So you have a clean slate and an opportunity to make things right."

"Wow... That's right." Baekhyun responded.

"You seem surprised I said that." Suho replied with a smirk.

"Well, I'm usually hit with a barrage of dad jokes this early in the day, so I'm not used to your "wisdom"." Baekhyun replied with a smile, making Suho chuckle.

"Oh... You have a parent system as well?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked shyly.

"Yeah... Suho's the dad and that's it." Baekhyun joked and made everyone laugh in the car.

The situation was getting lighter until Baekhyun asked:

"Why? Who's the parent in your group?"

Silence.

Realization.

"Oh... Oh, I didn't mean to say anything bad... I'm sorry" He immediately apologized.

"No, it's okay, I'm used to it... Kind of... It's so weird having me and her as the parents... We also sometimes jokingly call each other "wives", and you know how much that stings?"

"Oh damn, that's terrible!" Baekhyun replied, even Suho winced.

"Yah... It is."

Silence fell inside the car. It wasn't awkward or anything, but the trio felt like they should continue the drive in silence.

The only thing that was being heard was the radio and you could suddenly hear the radio host say:

"Hello everyone, this is your host Kim Yerim but you all know me as Yeri" she spoke in a rapidfire manner, making everyone squeal from happiness.

"Turn it up, turn it up, she's so precious" Suho suggested and Baekhyun obliged.

"...And you are listening to the best of the best here on Radio Kiss FM... Now, today is a slower day, it's Sunday, so let's put a slower song on now, something that I've recently discovered and found really pleasant even though my music taste usually doesn't go there... But you know how it is, it's a Sunday, so let's get back to the music, this is Oh Wonder's "I Wish I Never Met You"."

And with those words, Baekhyun wanted to change the station, not wanting for Jeongyeon to listen to anything heartbreaking, however, at the last second, she stopped him as soon as she heard the first words of the song that went:

"What a way to wake up, feeling like I'm overexposed
I guess it's kind of messed up that I just wanna keep myself closed"

Jeongyeon just gave Baekhyun a look that said "don't change the station".
She had never heard of this song or the group and she guessed that Yeri spends a lot of her time on the internet if she can hind hidden gems like this. She kept listening to the lyrics while looking out the window.