Chapter 40 - Moment of Unexpected Advances

To say that Chungha was a beautiful person would be an understatement - many people have swooned over her appearances over the years.

It could also be said that she is well-spoken in her interviews, funny, kind and generally someone you can talk to.

Regarding her talents in the music industry, she has been praised both by music critics and fans.

Jeongyeon noticed all those things about Chungha before, but she never had any serious considerations about approaching Chungha in any possible scenario. It just didn't seem like something she would want to pursue. That and the fact that she hasn't much interacted with Chungha in her life so far.

That's why the following exchange felt very weird for Jeongyeon.

"Hey! Jeong!" Chungha stopped her in the hallway by softly balancing her body on one side so that she could strike a pose that Jeongyeon would notice. She smiled at her, Jeongyeon would even say that Chungha smirked at her, but she was too much in her own thoughts at that moment to make the distinction between the two.

She wanted to pass Chungha by, but Chungha's soothing energy and the way she smiled at her made her think twice before doing so. And since she already passed her by before, she decided to stop this time and see what Chungha needed.

"Hey" Jeongyeon calmly replied, raising her head so that her eyes met Chungha's. Yep, that is definitely a smirk if I've ever seen one.

"Hey... You've been walking a lot around today, haven't you?"

"I... I guess you could say that." Jeongyeon replied, a bit confused where this conversation was going.

"Is... Everything okay? You seem a bit distracted, no?" Chungha noticed, still not taking her eyes away from Jeongyeon. She would look up and down her body every now and then, but Jeongyeon wouldn't notice.

"It's... Uh... It's been a busy day." Jeongyeon explained. She didn't know why Chungha stood there with a smile on her face so she dared to ask:

"And you? Did you... Did you need me for something or?"

"Maybe" Chungha's smile turned into a grin now that Jeongyeon finally asked her a question. Jeongyeon was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"So I was wondering... I already asked Ji about this... Are you free tomorrow evening?"

"You asked Ji about what?" Jeongyeon replied, not sure where this was going again.

"Khm... Well, I asked her if you were seeing someone, and she told me that as far as she knew, you weren't seeing anyone... So I thought, maybe you and I could go out, maybe for a drink or something?" Chungha's seductive smile never left her face as she gently put her hand on Jeongyeon's upper arm.

"Oh wow... Uh..." Jeongyeon was slowly realizing were this was heading at this point.

"I'm sorry... Am I coming on too strong?" Chungha asked innocently.

"Uh, it's just uh... I'm surprised. Very much so." Jeongyeon replied.

"Why, if I may ask?"

"Well uh, for starters, I had no idea you had an interest in going out for a drink with me."

"Well... I've seen you around. Jihyo always talks about how funny and smart you are. And I mean, you always look amazing... So I thought, why not?" Chungha insisted.

"Well... I don't know much about you. If anything, actually. And I'm surprised why you would want to go for a drink with someone you barely even know." Jeongyeon replied, furrowing her eyebrows.