Chapter 63 - Moment of Life Being Unexpected

"Hey!"

"Hey!" Chungha happily greeted Jeongyeon as soon as she saw her at her door.

"Get it, get in, dinner is ready!" she gleefuly invited her to come inside her apartment.

Chungha's apartment was small, but it felt warm and cozy as soon as you would step inside - with little paintings on the wall along with some small lights hanging around the hallway.

"This is a really nice place you have here!" Jeongyeon admired.

"Thank you, I decorated it all by myself hehe" Chungha acknowledged the compliment with a smile.

The two soon sat down and enjoyed their meal with a glass of wine, catching up on everyday events and what they missed out on since the last time they saw each other. 

And there wasn't much to cover since they would text each other all the time anyway, so the conversation soon shifted towards other topics.

"Oh really, you think that Yeri was in a gang before she became a singer?"

"Hey, I just heard what I heard. And I'm not judgind, we all have pasts, you know? Plus, she is looking like she wants to work on her future and she seems like a nice gal, so hey... If it is true, I guess she turned things around."

"I'm not buying it"

"Which part?"

"That she was a part of a gang... Yeri's such a sweet, young, compassionate person... Why would she be a part of a gang? What did they even supposedly do?"

"They robbed rich people's houses, is what I heard."

"Yeah, no... Hahahaha... just no. She's too sweet for that."

"People can surprise you." Chunga countered.

"Touche." Jeongyeon agreed. She then said:

"Damn... Hah... I wonder which rumors are circulating about me."

"That you can't handle your drinks, that you have a fear of expressing yourself and that you have six toes on your left foot." Chungha deadpanned.

"Hahahaha wait, what?" Jeongyeon was in disbelief.

"I'm kiddiiiing. I've never seen your toes, so I don't know if that one is true." Chungha raised her eyebrows and sipped on some wine.

"Wow, how flirty of you" Jeongyeon teased, but then asked:

"But wait, people say those other things?"

"Nah, I made it up. I don't know how well you can handle your drinks, I've never seen you drunk, except when we are at that club that one time. And Jihyo told me that Suho and Baekhyun took great care of you that evening, but otherwise, I don't know... How is your alocohol tolerance?"

"I'm okay when I don't drink too much."

"Same" Chungha smiled in response.

"So... Fear of "expressing myself?"

"When I first talked to you privately in that hallway... The time when I asked you out... I couldn't read you... It was as if you were hiding yourself under a mask and trying to keep everything in... I know, sounds dramatic, right?" Chunga chuckled and Jeongyeon joined in.

"But, it's not untrue... That's what I had felt. But now... I guess I'm seeing things clearer."

"Heh, good to know" Jeongyeon replied smiling.

"I mean, you are definitely not an open book yet, but... I can decipher some things." Chungha sipper on her wine.

"What do you mean?"