Chapter 33 - Moment of Being There For Your Friends

After she was finished writing the lyrics to Twice's new song, Jeongyeon had decided that it was time to go to sleep. She felt accomplished. She felt like something had been done. And the lyrics involved Jihyo in a way, which was no small thing for her!

Damn... Like... I wrote this... These are my words and... They "contain" her... It's so weird... But... Wow....

She looked at her laptop and went through her lyrics one more time while listening to the melody of the song in the background. She felt like the lyrics could fit, but wasn't completely sure.

She sat in her chair and tried to sing along and while some parts did fit, others didn't.

Heh... I'll think of something tomorrow, hopefully. But this is a great achievement for now!

Jeongyeon went to sleep.

She woke up later that night when she needed to go to the bathroom.

When she was finished, she got out of it, only to hear light footsteps from the kitchen area. Usually, she would go back to her room, seeing that it would probably be just Nayeon going for a midnight snack, but something told Jeongyeon to check things out anyway.

I mean, it's probably nothing, but I should see what's going on.

And then she saw Mina by the kitchen counter, staring at the wall.

"Hey"

"Hey" they both said to each other silently.

"Why are you awake?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I couldn't sleep, you?"

"Bathroom"

"Mh... Okay" Mina smiled at her.

"Is everything okay?"

"I... I just kinda feel something's wrong."

"What? Why?" Jeongyeon was confused.

"I think... I think Nayeon has a problem with me." Mina barely let those words leave her mouth. She glanced at the floor.

"What?" Jeongyeon was genuinely surprised to hear that. She never saw anything that would indicate that.

"I don't know... She... Lately she seems like she's frustrated whenever she is around me. I can hear her huff and sigh when I'm around her... Lately she sometimes looks at the floor rather than at me..." Mina hid her face in her hands.

Jeongyeon was silent. She didn't know what to do so she gently hugged Mina from the side.

"I mean... Have you asked her if something is wrong? She took care of you the most when you were sick... She also decided to move into your room afterwards, so it can't be all that bad, right?"

"She did.... But now, when we're in our room, she just looks at her phone. Sometimes she avoids me completely. Sometimes she just looks away when answering my questions... She's not always like that, but... Sometimes, I don't know..." Mina then added:

"And I have asked her. She said that everything was alright and that I did nothing wrong... But I don't know... I feel like she got sick of me while I was being sick.... Which is, I guess, ironic." this made Jeongyeon chuckle and Mina smile for a bit.

"Well, if you want, I can ask her if something's wrong. If you're not the problem, maybe something else is and she can't share it with you specifically...."

"That makes me feel even worse... Like, there's something that she couldn't tell me? But we're friends here, right? We're all friends and we tell each other stuff..." Mina pouted.