Chapter 51 - Moment of Living With The Consequences of Unprompted Lies

"Well, if I'm honest, I wasn't expecting your invite, but I'm glad it happened."

Jeongyeon had thought about that day. How things had evolved. How she ended up in this position. Her reaction to this last uttered sentence was a smile and a nod while she focused her gaze elsewhere. The band was going to start to play soon.

Today didn't go as Jeongyeon hoped it would.

First when she found out that Wendy was available and could meet up with Jihyo and the others. Jihyo even mentioned it again during the groups ride to one of their promotional events:

"Basically, Red Velvet was also supposed to have an event tonight but it got cancelled, and Wendy just called me up to say "Hey, can I still join you on the thing?" and I was like "Of course you can, the more the merrier."... So yeah, good times tonight." she spoke in a cheerful manner.

"It'll be nice seeing her." Nayeon replied, looking outside the window, while Mina laid her head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, it will. I'm just glad I'll have a partner for tonight heh"

"Do you think she will want to join us even after this event? Like for future classes or?" Mina then asked.

"Future classes? I thought this was a one time thing" Nayeon asked confused while looking at Mina.

"It's kind of an "attendance thing" as far as I've figured it out - if it's going to be successful, then there will be more events like this." Jihyo replied with a smile.

"If we like it, can we go more than once?" Mina then asked Nayeon softly. Nayeon blushed at her gaze and giggled, causing Mina to smile.

"Yeah, no problem." Nayeon replied.

"Whipped." Chaeyoung replied under her breath, smirking.

"Hey!" Nayeon responded.

"I mean... Where's the lie?" Momo chuckled and high-fived Chaeyoung.

"Oh, I see you two are getting along just fine." Nayeon replied, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, we're trying." Momo chuckled again, Chaeyoung joined in this time as well.

"We don't have to do it, if you don't want to." Mina then spoke softly once again.

"Oh, don't let them get to you, babe. If we like it, we'll do it, if not, then we won't, okay?" this time Nayeon responded more level-headed, kissing Mina's forehead as she then went back to looking outside the car.

Jeongyeon observed all of this happening.

She looked at how happy Mina and Nayeon were. She looked at how Momo and Chaeyoung were behaving okay towards each other despite the breakup. And then she would look at Jihyo and how she herself basically stopped interacting with her so that she could feel better about herself.

And, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I like being not sad and I like not being an overthinker all the time... But I sure do miss her and our little interactions...

Jeongyeon then sighed quietly and continued to look out the window as well.

During the day, Jeongyeon kept quiet more than usual and was more absent-minded than usual. All of the members noticed it and questioned her, but she just said that she was thinking and that there shouldn't be any worries.

Even though the members worried something was wrong with Jeongyeon, they respected her answer and let her be during the day.

At one point, as the group was going from one event to the other, Momo asked Jeongyeon what her plan was in the end for the evening.