Chapter 90 - Moment of A Date Going Wrong, part Five

"So... Romantic, huh?" Jihyo asked, trying to lighten up the awkward situation.

"Yeah... I thought it would be funny when I said it."

"It was, it was... You're a funny one."

"Bet you can't sometimes bear my jokes."

"Not this again..." Jihyo playfully rolled her eyes.

The two then slightly turned around to look at their surroundings.

"Well, this isn't awkward at all, sitting here like we're isolated from everyone else." Jihyo noted sarcastically, causing Jeongyeon to chuckle.

"Sorry, but... I really felt bad and I wanted you to get your meal as soon as possible."

"Awww... That's very sweet of you, thank you!" Jihyo replied sincerely. She then asked:

"I'm guessing we're going to get our original table when it gets freed."

"Uhm..." Jeongyeon awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

"Jeong?"

And right at that moment, a waiter appeared at their table.

"Good evening." he spoke formally. "Was there a mistake regarding your sitting position? This is a table for one... Usually."

"Yes, well, we couldn't wait." Jeongyeon started to explain as she exchanged glances with both Jihyo and the waiter. "So I asked for any table and this is what the restaurant had to offer."

"Well, we shall definitely try to accommodate you the best we can." the waiter spoke politely and with a smile.

"Thank you." the duo replied at the same time.

"So, what will you have for drinks?"

"Uhm..." Jeongyeon and Jihyo looked at each other quickly, trying to figure out what the other one wants.

"Sparkling water." Jeongyeon spoke unsurely. Jihyo just nodded.

"Alright. I shall come back soon with the beverage." he nodded, bowed and politely left his station.

"He is really nice, isn't he?" Jeongyeon noted.

"I mean, it is a high-class restaurant. But yeah... He is something. So... We're not getting our original table?"

"We are not... I'm sorry." Jeongyeon sincerely apologized.

"Hey... It's... It's okay... We'll manage... We'll make it work somehow... This table can manage two plates, right?"

"From this angle?... Uhm... Not sure" Jeongyeon replied.

"Well... we'll think of something... But at least we got to enter early heh... Thank you for that hehe"

And just as Jihyo said that, they noticed that their table was close to a miniature stage that was set up nearby.

"You think they have people play music here?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Why? Were you thinking of playing here?" Jihyo smiled as she said that. From the look in her eyes, Jeongyeon could definitely see that Jihyo was being supportive.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind... This is a really fancy place... Imagine someone coming here for dinner, they listen to me play and then have an amazing evening just from my awesomeness?"

Jihyo chuckled at that. "I mean... Yes, your saxophone playing would definitely save a date."

"You think?"

"I'm sure it would." Jihyo replied softly. She looked into Jeongyeon's eyes.

The two however shifted their focus when they heard some people walking towards the stage. They brought along instruments with them, and luckily for Jeongyeon, there was one saxophone player in sight.