Chapter 28 - Moment of Mom Discussing Her Life with a New Friend

Why did I agree to this? This was a bad decision and I'm making things worse for myself.... I can still walk out of this. I can still go home. I can explain that I was sick and that I just couldn't come... Yeah... Yeah, that seems like a sensible ide-

Jeongyeon was standing in front of a restaurant while she waited for Baekhyun, Suho and her potential date. She was sinking in her thoughts when all of a sudden she was shook out of them by Suho who came out of nowhere, surprising her.

"Oh!" Jeongyeon exclaimed.

"Hey, didn't mean to startle you"

"No, it's okay... I was just... In my head, I'm fine." Jeongyeon replied with a sheepish smile.

"You sure? We can call this off if you want to"

"No, no... I thought about it just now... But I also realized that that would be rude aaaand I kinda wanna see how things play out. If anything, I think I have to be open-minded, otherwise I'm closing myself into this world where "everything is Jihyo"... And, that type of world is not healthy right now."

"Wow... Very wise" Suho was impressed.

"I've been hanging around you two dorks long enough, then" Jeongyeon teased, making Suho chuckle.

Baekhyun soon showed up without anyone by his side.

"I thought my date was coming with you."

"She was supposed to, but she's running a bit late, so she told me we should get inside and that she'll be here soon."

"Oh... Okay" Jeongyeon replied. So, it's a "she"... I wonder who it might be in the end. 

The trio sat at a table for four as they looked at the menus and discussed what they wanted to order.

"Doesn't this... seem, like, odd to you?" Jeongyeon then suddenly commented.

"Why?" Baekhyun asked.

"I mean... This feels like you two are our dads, chaperoning us or whatever."

"Oh... We just thought that if the situation should get awkward, we could be of little assistance, that's all." Suho replied.

"Yeah, and you two being here won't make things awkward" Jeongyeon chuckled as she said that.

"I mean, Suho and I can leave if you want to" Baekhyun replied.

And just as Jeongyeon wanted to say something, she appeared.

"A thousand apologies, I am so sorry you've waited... The traffic was bad and I had an accident at our dorm and... Ugh, I'm really sorry" she started out in a really apologetic tone.

"Oh... No worries. Thank you for apologizing, but it's okay, we just got here." Jeongyeon replied, getting up from her seat to shake her hand. She decided to be friendly no matter what as she didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.