Chapter 49 - Moment of Evasion

I shouldn't. I don't need to. Why would I? No... Just no. Jeong, leave your cellphone alone. Don't call anyone. Don't do something stupid. Don't do something unnecessary.

Jeongyeon hovered over her phone while walking around her room. She was dead tired from her day and she just wanted to go and take a shower and then go to sleep. But something was gnawing at her brain. Something was telling her she should do something. That she should try something.

But, why would I do that? For whom? For myself? I'm still in love with Jihyo. Fiddling with my phone.... Talking with someone.... That won't bring me anything good.

Jeongyeon then stood above her phone one more time.

I'm not doing it. Not tonight. Tonight I need some sleep.

After that small inner monologue pep talk, Jeongyeon went to take a shower. It was a longer one this time as she took her time to calm herself down from her overwhelming thoughts.

Just stay calm.

After she was done, she passed by Jihyo's and Sana's room where the door was slightly opened this time. Neither of them were aware of that, nor were they aware that Jeongyeon was passing by.

She meant to fully enter her own room, but was stopped by information coming from their conversation.

"When did you say this event was?" Sana asked.

"Next week, I think it should be in the evening, right after some of our events."

"Oh Ji..." Sana replied, the tone of her voice implied that she had no interest in going.

"What?" Jihyo asked confused.

"You seriously think that after a hard day either of us will have the energy to go out and dance?"

"We do it all the time!" Jihyo protested.

"Yeah, but this is a learning class. I learn dances all the time for choreographies... I don't feel like learning this one as well." Sana whined.

"Pleeeeeease" Jihyo pleaded cutely.

Sana sighed.

"I'll think about it, but don't hold your breath... In fact, start asking the others because there's a great certainty I won't be going... Sorry." Sana sincerely apologized. 

Jeongyeon felt bad for Jihyo because this event seemed like something that would make her happy. And she appreciated a happy Jihyo in any case.

"It's okay, Sana, I understand..." Jihyo replied with a somber tone in her voice. She then said:

"You usually like going out and trying new things..."

"I do, but... It's promotion time and I would really like to get some rest as well, you know..." Sana replied.

"I know, I get it." Jihyo responded, her tone filled with understanding. Sana then suggested:

"Why don't you ask someone else from the group though?"

"I mean... I will... But I'm not sure who will be free to go as well."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you know, Mina and Nayeon are fresh, they probably wanna spend all their time together... And I would invite both of them, but then I don't have a partner to dance with."

"You could go alone, you know? There's probably going to be other solo people there who will need a partner." Sana suggested again.

"I guess... I just wanted a familiar face to be there with me so it doesn't get awkward. It's easier when you go with someone, you know?"