Chapter 36 - Moment of Mom Boiling Inside

Jeongyeon woke up calm. Excited for the comeback that was being released today, along with the music video, but calm in the sense that she knew that she worked hard for it and everything was really paying off for the group.

The whole process of the group recording the new songs and doing the new choreographies always felt like a fresh new learning process that made their bond stronger. Tiring days combined with nights where they would end up sleeping in an instance - that's what every comeback was all about.

There wasn't much time for personal indulgences and every second that wasn't dedicated to the comeback was dedicated to getting some rest.

Jeongyeon smiled as she was sitting on her bed. She thought about the song she wrote while thinking of Jihyo. She thought about how everyone was happy while recording their vocals for it. She thought about how now, when Jihyo felt nervous about something, Jeongyeon could just start to randomly clap around her, and it would make feel Jihyo at ease because she would remember Jeongyeon's song.

Things were feeling better. Jihyo looked better with time as she felt less nervous. Jeongyeon was proud of her.

"Are we ready to do go live?" Jihyo excitedly asked over breakfast with the group and everyone nodded their heads happily. They were going to livestream their reactions as the video would be released.

Jeongyeon was in her thoughts.

She thought about the times the group had filmed the video for Yes or Yes and how there was a generally relaxed vibe between the group - everyone hanging out with everyone. She remembered how she playfully interacted with Jihyo several times, teased her, pushed her around, tickled her, and Jihyo played along happily. Jeongyeon was really happy when she learned that those moments were captured for their "behind-the-scenes" videos called Twice TV.

Goofing around with her like that... Oh the memories I'll have heh...

Momo then took a bite out of Jeongyeon's snack, shaking her out of her daydreaming. She just smiled at Momo who was playfully chewing Jeongyeon's food.

It was a good morning.

It was a calm morning.

When they were done with the release of the video, Jihyo announced that they were going to showcase their new song live for the first time that evening at an event where other groups would be performing their songs as well. She also announced that they were going to a radio show just before the event so they could discuss their new comeback a bit more.

Excitement was building up within the group.

And then came the interview at Radio Kiss FM. Red Velvet's Yeri wasn't hosting this time due to the fact that Red Velvet also had a comeback around that time and were planning on performing their new song at the same event as Twice.

However, the new host was as pleasant as Yeri. The group had a great time during the interview, talking about the music, the new dances, the vision for their future and everything they wanted to do in the upcoming weeks of promotion.

"So, about the lyrics of the EP, I know some of you participated in writing the lyrics, correct?"

"Yes. Chaeyoung wrote "Young & Wild", the fourth track on the EP, Jeongyeon wrote "LaLaLa", the third track and I wrote "Sunset", the fifth track on the EP" Jihyo answered with a bright smile.

"Okay, could you tell me about the inspirations behind the songs and say something about the lyrics?"

"Of course... Uh, who wants to go first?" Jihyo then asked Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon let Chaeyoung go first.