Chapter 6

It's been a week now since Mads moved in. I still don't know how to act around her, but I'm trying. She became closer to the boys, especially Bryce. She still hates me, for sure. Every time I'm with Jaden or talking to him she just glares at me, when Jaden looks she just smiles or looks away. I'm trying to ignore it and not show that I'm annoyed. But I'm not really good at it. Anthony walks up to me and stands beside me, while I'm sitting on the kitchen counter. "What's wrong?", he asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and said, "nothing". He looks at me and knows something is wrong. "Don't lie Kate. I know you, tell me", he said. I groaned and jumped of the counter. I grabbed Anthony's wrist and pulled him upstairs to my room. He sat on my bed as I closed the door. "I'm so done with her", I said while sitting down. "Who do you mean? Mads?", he said looking confused. I nodded. "She is so two-faced, when I'm talking to Jaden she just glares at me and when he looks she just smiles. And like don't get me wrong, I am really happy voor Jae, but I can't deal with her!", I said. "I know, she does acts differently with you around", he said. "And she texted me", I said looking at Anthony. "What do you mean?", he asked looking confused again. I grabbed my phone and showed him.

3 days ago

Mads
Stay away from my boyfriend.

Kate
I'm sorry but who is this?
And how did you get my number?

Mads
You know exactly who I am, and that doesn't matter
Stay away from him!

Kate
It kinda does, but who is your boyfriend then.

Mads
It's your "best friend"

Kate
Do you mean Jaden?
Mads are you for real
I don't like him like that

Mads
Yeah, if you say so. Just stay out of his way. Don't talk to him.
He doesn't need you. So leave.

Kate
Well sorry to say but Jae and I are just friends
Nothing more nothing less

Mads
Yeah sure....
Just stay AWAY!

Kate
Sorry but no.

1 day ago

Mads
Was I not clear enough?!

Kate
Mads what do you want?

Mads
Like I said, stay away from Jaden!
He doesn't like you and doesn't want you!
You are not even pretty

Kate
Well I told you we are just FRIENDS, and I know he doesn't like me
And it's funny that you need to drag other people down to feel good about yourself.

Mads
Whatever
Stay away.
Otherwise I'm gonna make sure you guys are not friends.

Kate
Good luck with that <3
Bye
Don't text me anymore, thank you.

"You are too nice", Anthony said. "What am I supposed to do?", I said. "If I would find out that Avani did this I will get pissed", he said. "I don't know if I should show Jaden or just let it slip. I'm trying to be nice", I said. He shrugged. "I don't know, I think you should show him tho", he said. "Yeah I probably should", I said. "I know you don't like to talk about it, but how are you doing. With the whole break-up thing?" he asked. He was right I really didn't wanna talk about it, but I know I can tell him anything. I looked down to my hands. "It's alright. I texted him, because I wanted my stuff back that is still at his house. He just texted sure. I'm going over there tomorrow, so yeah", I said fast looking back at him. "Do you want me to come?", he asked taking my hand. "Yes, if it's not too much to ask", I answered. "No problem", he said taking me in for a hug. "Thanks Ant", I mumbled. Then there was a knock on my door. "Hey guys, we're going out for a family dinner with some people, you guys coming?", Griffin asked. Anthony and I both nodded and went downstairs. The ubers were already called and we went into the cars. It was:
Car 1: Anthony in front. Mads, Jaden and then me.
Car 2: Griffin in front. Kio, Bryce and Josh.

Jaden looked at me and said, "you look good, Kate." "Thanks, Jae", I said blushing. I could feel Mads eyes burning me. I looked at Anthony and he mouthed 'it's okay', I just nodded. "Guess who's coming?", Jaden said really excited. "Uhm... I don't know", I said. "Tayler!", he said half screaming. "You're kidding", I said. He shook his head. I got really excited. I haven't seen him since we moved, which has been a while now. I miss him, he is like my brother.

We arrived at the restaurant and got out of the car. We saw everyone and sat down. When Tayler came in, we hugged, what felt for ages. We talked a lot and I told him about Johnny. After a few hours we were done and left the restaurant. We went back to the house and just chilled with everyone. Later Tayler left and we all went to bed.
Anthony walked into my room. "When do you leave tomorrow?", he asked. "Around 11am", I said. "Okay, are you gonna drive?", he said with a grin on his face. "Yeah sure", I said laughing. "Goodnight katiee", he said blowing me a kiss. "Goodnight, dork", I said smiling. I laid down on my bed and went to sleep immediately.

~ the next morning, 9am~

I wake up to the sound of my alarm on my phone. I take my phone and turn it off. When I look at my phone and the date I got reminded what I was doing today. I was dreading this so much. I got out of my bed and went into my bathroom. I took a long shower, I was standing there for a good 20 minutes. Thoughts going thru my mind. Should I do this? What am I going to say? Will Brooke be there? What am I going to wear? I didn't know what to think. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I look in the mirror. "You can do this, Kate", I say to myself. "What can you do?", I heard a deep voice say. I jumped and saw Jaden in my doorway. "Jesus, Jae! I could have been naked!", I said holding onto my towel. "Yep that's true. But what can you do?", he asked again. "I'm going to Johnny's today", I said looking at my feet. "What?! Why?", he practically screamed. I knew he was gonna be angry. "I'm getting my stuff at his house and giving back his hoodie", I said quietly. "You're not going. I'm not letting you go!", he said. "Jae calm down, please. I need to get my stuff", I said. "I can get it for you, you are NOT going", he said again. "You can't control me, Jae. I want to go myself. I'm not going alone tho," I said looking up. "Who is going with you?", he asked still looking mad. "Ant..", I said. "Why didn't you tell me you were going. You always tell me everything", he said looking a bit sad. "We haven't been talking much.... it's not your fault, but...", I said looking down. "But it is.... I'm sorry I wasn't there Kate. But do you really need to go?", he asked. I could feel he was looking at me, not forgetting I was still in my towel. "My clothes are still there", I didn't wanna cry, "David's necklace and my dad's sweater", I said. Tears were forming in my eyes, I was still looking down. Jaden put his hands on my cheeks and pulled my face up. He saw my face and immediately pulled me into a hug. "It's gonna get better, I promise", he whispered in my ear. I just sobbed into his chest. I missed his hugs, I missed him in general. We pulled away and our eyes locked. "Thank you", I said still half crying. "Always", he said smiling slightly. "Now, get ready and look sexy as hell. Make him jealous", he said. "I'll try", I said smiling. He walked out of the bathroom and my room and I washed my face. "Let's do this", I said again.

I went into my room and go to my closet. I took my high waisted mom jeans and a cropped t-shirt. I put on my Air Force One. I did my hair and did some natural make-up. Anthony knocked on my door. "Do you want to get breakfast first?", he asked. I nodded. "Are you ready?", I asked. "Yeah", he said. I took my phone and purse and walked downstairs with Anthony. "Jae, we're leaving!", I yelled not knowing where he was in the house. "Wait!", he screamed from outside. He came in and gave me a hug. "Are you sure you don't want me to come?", he asked pulling away. "I will be fine. I'll call you when we leave his house", I answered. He just nodded and did a handshake with Anthony. We left the house and hopped in the car. Well there we go...