Chapter 9

Its weekend now and that means PARTYTIME!!! We just came back from the mall I was going up to Jaden's room. I need to talk to him about his gIrLfRiEnD. I knocked on his door and hear him yell from his bathroom. "Come in!", he screamed. I walked in and sat on his bed. "Oh hey, Kate", he said smiling walking out of his bathroom. "What's up?", he asked. "Well I needed to talk to you", I said. "Okay, spill", he said walking to his closet. "Can you sit down please", I said chuckling at him. "Yeah, I'm sorry. Just trying to figure out what to wear", he said sitting down next to me. "So.... uhm", I said stuttering, "I just want to tell you this and please don't get mad at me or don't get it the wrong way because that's not what I want". I looked at him. He nodded. "Well, I know you're with Mads and I'm really happy for you. But I don't think she is a good person", I say looking down. "What do you mean, Kate", he said sitting up straight frowning. "It's just that she has been tex-", I started. I got cut off when his door opened. And who would it be.... Mads. Ughhhh. "Hey Jae, are we getting ready", she said giving me a glare. Again with MY nickname. "Yeah, Just a minute. Can I finish this conversat-", he said. I cut him off. "It's fine, I'm gonna get ready anyway, bye", I said getting up and leaving the room. I ran to my room and closed the door. Why didn't I just say it. I hate myself. Well I do it after the party. I was getting ready now. I was wearing something simple, but it was my style, basic. I was wearing a long black t-shirt that you can wear as a dress and some boots.

I did my makeup and curled my hair a little bit

I did my makeup and curled my hair a little bit. I put my perfume on and turned my music off. I walked downstairs and saw all the guys were ready to leave. I looked at Jaden and he was staring. I looked back thinking he wasn't looking at me. And yes I saw Mads walking down the stairs behind me. I walked to Payton and Anthony and stood with them. "You look good, Kate", Payton said. All the guys were nodding, it made me blush. "Ahw, thanks Payt. You guys look cute too", I said to all of them. "The Uber's are here, let's go", Bryce said opening the front door. I walked to the door when Jaden grabbed my wrist. "Kate, what did you wanted to tell me?", he said looking serious. "It's not that important, Jae. Let's just go," I said getting out of his grip. "Kate, it seemed important", he said. "It's not, talk later okay?", I said. "Uhm yeah sure", he said. I walked away to the car with Anthony, Payton and Bryce in it. I sat on the side. And Payton next to me. "What was that about?", he asked pointing to Jaden getting in the car. "I tried to tell him about Mads, but of course she had to walk in again and I just got up and left", I say a bit irritated. All three of them looked at me with a 'really' look. "I know, I know. I will talk to him after the party." "That's what you said at the beginning of this week", Anthony said. "I mean it, I will talk to him after the party", I say looking at him. They nodded and we arrived at the party.

It was one of those big houses in LA where at least two hundred people can fit in. When we walked in I could smell the booze and weed. The music was really good, and we started to look for the rest of our friends. I spotted Avani and walked up to her with the rest of the guys. We greeted her. Payton went to hug her too, but it was kinda awkward. We went to the dance floor and just danced our asses off. It was good letting go a little bit. After an hour we went up to one of the rooms and played Truth or Dare. It was Bryce, Addison, Payton, Anthony, Avani, Charli, Chase, Jaden, Mads and me. We sat down on the floor and I sat in between Payton and Addison. "Okay I will start", Bryce said. "Chase, truth or dare?", he asked. "Uhm, dare", he answered. "Okay, I dare you to kiss Charli", he said with a smirk. Everyone knew they had a thing for each other. They kissed and both of them turned bright red. We all cheered, and we continued. People had to kiss each other, we told some secrets and then it was Payton's turn, "Jaden, truth or dare?" "Truth", he said. "What is your body count?", he said chuckling. Jaden looked at me and I nodded. "Four", he said looking at his hands. "What do you mean four?", Mads said, "you told me only three." "It's complicated", he said looking at me again. He looked a little bit too long and everyone started to look at me. "Are you kidding me Jae?!", Mads said yelling at him. Do not use my nickname and don't yell at my best friend! She got up and walked away. Jaden stood up and ran after her. "Well, that escaladed quick", Chase said. "What was that about?", Addison asked me. "I don't know", I answered shrugging my shoulders.