Chapter 44

Two days after court we went back to LA. Jaden and I showed them around town and the spots we use to go to. The flight back we all slept, because we were exhausted. Me on the other side, was awake. Jaden was leaned his head on my shoulder. He fell asleep about an hour ago, but I keep staring at him. Is he hiding something? All sorts of question pop into my head. I noticed that he looks pale, even tho it was sunny in Tennessee. Maybe it's because his hair is light and makes his skin seem pale? I stroke my hand against his cheek, and he felt cold. And let me tell you Jaden is never cold, he is the complete opposite. I'm really worried about him, but I don't want to be seen as an overreacting girlfriend. Jaden moved a bit and he opened his eyes, he looks tired. "Hi", he said sitting up straight. I just smiled at him and he intertwined our fingers together. He kissed the top of my hand and smiled. "How long have we've been flying?", he asked. "About three hours now", I said resting my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer to him. "Go to sleep, you look tired", he whispered in my ear. I looked up at him and have him a small smile. He looks awful... I put my head back down and my smile faded quickly. I closed my eyes and pretended to fall asleep. This scares me. He is acting weird. I finally started to doze off and fell asleep.

I could feel my legs dangle underneath me, like I'm not walking. I guess someone is carrying me. I was too tired to open my eyes and I just let it happen. The person entered a room and I immediately recognized the smell of my room. The person placed me in my bed and pulled the sheets over me. I decided to open my eyes and saw Payton walking towards the door. "Thanks Payt", I said quietly. He turned around and walked back to me. He sat next to me and I gave him a hug. "I'm sorry we are not spending time together", I said while pulling out of the hug. "No worries, it was important. And I'm staying here for a long time, so we have enough time", he said smiling at me. I smiled back at him and was hesitating to ask him if he noticed something odd about Jaden. "Payt, do you notice something odd about Jaden?", I asked making him look up from his phone. "Uhm, not really. He is a little distant, but that's just him sometimes", he said shrugging, "why? Is something wrong?" "I don't know. I feel like something is wrong, but I also don't want to push him to tell me", I said looking down. "If he feels comfortable enough or when he is ready he will tell you, I promise", Payton said grabbing my hand. "Thanks", I said smiling at him. "No problem, and we are getting food in an hour, should I wake you up?", he asked. "Yeah", I said pulling him in for a hug. "Okay go sleep now", he said pushing me back on my bed and walked out closing the door. I wasn't sleepy anymore, so I just sat on my phone until we left.

Later that night we went to get food with a part of the house. I haven't spoken to Jaden since we were on the plane. Actually no one had spoken to him and the guys told me he disappeared into his room. After dinner I saw Bryce walking up the stairs. I grabbed some leftovers and walked up to Jaden's room. Before I walked into the room I hear Bryce and Jaden talk. "I need more Bry", Jaden said. "I can't get any now, the guy is not in town", Bryce said back. What are they talking about? "I need it, now. I feel like going insane", Jaden said. "You don't need it Jay, and I'm sorry I gave it to you in the first place", Bryce said. "Kate's gonna kill me", Jaden said whispering, but I still heard him. It wasn't my intension to eves drop, but something is going on and Bryce knows. I knocked on the door and opened it slowly. "Hey, I brought you some food in case you're hungry", I said walking in. "No thanks", Jaden said not looking at me and standing up. "I need some air", he said walking right past as if I wasn't there. I looked down at the bag of food and placed it on his table. I totally ignored Bryce and walked back to the kitchen.

"Kate wait", Bryce said catching up to me. I wasn't walking any slower but is just kept walking. "Kate..", Bryce said grabbing my arm carefully. I turned around and looked at him. "It's not what you think", he said letting me go. "I'm not thinking anything Bryce, I'm worried about him", I said. "He just needs space', Bryce said. "No, I'm not doing that again. The last time I almost lost him, and I don't want that now, not ever", I said crossing my arms. "There is just a lot going on", Bryce said not looking at me. "Stop talking around it Bryce! Just tell me!", I said raising my voice. "I can't, I'm sorry", he said. "Fine then", I said walking past him back to my room. I locked it and sat on my bed, overthinking, as usual. Jaden just blew me off. What is wrong with him. Bryce knows, but won't tell me. Something is wrong and I have a feeling it's bad. I started to tear up not completely knowing why. Then there was a knock on my door. "Yeah?", I asked with a shaky. "We are going to a party, do you want to come?", Avani asked. "No, I'm pretty tired. I'll stay home", I answered still with a locked door between us. "Okay, let us know if you need anything", she said. I hear her walk away and I fall back on my bed. After fifteen minutes I hear everyone leave and I went to go downstairs. I opened my door and saw a note on the floor. I picked it up and read it. I'm sorry from earlier, I love you. J. I smiled weakly and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed some water and walked back up to my room turning on Netflix to watch a movie. I started it and not even ten minutes in I fall asleep. How am I sleeping so much?!

I wake up and I hear people coming in the house. Why do they always make so much noise? I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time. 4 am. Really? I sighed and stood up. At that moment Bryce walks in with Jaden on his side. He was holding him up so he wouldn't fall. I guess they got drunk. "Did we wake you up?", he asked putting Jaden on my bed. Jaden instantly fell back and had a stupid grin on his face. His eyes were almost closed, and I could say he was far gone. I nodded and sat next to Jaden studying his face. "Can you please shower with him, he threw up in the car", Bryce said looking at me. "Yeah, help me", I said grabbing one of Jaden's arms pulling him up. We guided him to the bathroom and Bryce left. I didn't shower yet, so this came right in time. I started to pull off his shirt that smelled of booze and puke. "Oeehh, are we doing it in the shoowweerrr?", Jaden said stumbling a bit. "No, just showering Jae", I said chuckling and unbuckling his pants. "Whyyy not?", he said slurring his words. "Because you're drunk", I said smiling at the goofy smile that was on his face. "I'm not drunk", he said looking serious. "Sure, whatever you think", I said smiling and getting undressed. I turned on the shower and pushed Jaden into it. "You are sexy mammas", he said looking me up and down. "Yeah you too", I said chuckling and grabbing some shampoo and putting it in his hair. I washed his hair and his body. And no I didn't touch his... you know (A/N: "No, no don't touch me there. Keep your gross old hands out my no-no square" hihi... okay I'm sorry) So stop thinking dirty.

We got out of the shower and he kept mumbling stuff. Most of the stuff were random, but one thing grabbed my attention. "You know.... These pills are the sshiitt", Jaden said giggling while I dried his body. I frowned and looked at him. "What are you talking about?", I asked grabbing his shirt. He looked at me and covered his mouth. "I wasn't supposed to say", he mumbled in his hands. He then zoned out and was mumbling again. I shook my head and pulled the shirt over his head and put on some sweatpants. Let me tell you that wasn't easy. When we were done I sat him on the ground so I could get dressed. I got dressed and was going to pick up Jaden, but he fell asleep. Really? Ugh.... I walked out of the bathroom and asked Bryce to help me. After struggling with a wasted Jaden and drunk Bryce we managed to get him in my bed.

"Thanks", I said sitting down next to Jaden and looking at him. "Are you alright?", Bryce asked leaning against the door of my room. "No...", I said running my hand thru Jaden's hair, "what happened?" "What?", Bryce asked. "What happened at the party?", I asked looking at him. "We just drank too much, and may have smoked some weed", he said shrugging. Like I'm not okay with drugs, but I know they do it sometimes. "Jae was talking about pills", I said looking at Bryce. He looked down at the ground and took a breath in. "Jay is going to kill me for this", he said looking up at me. "After we kicked Mads out of the house for fighting you and Jaden came back from helping you, there was a guy that took pills with him. He gave us, well only me and Jaden, one and everything was spacing. After the party Jaden kept asking about it and he took them a few times", Bryce said looking down. "What is a few times?", I asked getting kinda mad. "Uhm, about..?", he started. Why is he doing this to himself? He could have just talked to me!

A/N 

I hope you like this chapter, and stay save! <33