Epilogue

Epilogue

Living a prosperous life with doctrines and etiquette exhortations wasn't that hard and restricting.

"Mi nieto!"

"Abuelita..." I straightened up when grandmother came up to me.

She giggled in so much delight about something as she strutted her way towards me. I remained firm on my feet, waiting for what she's about to tell, hands inside the pocket.

"Where did you learn about poquito beso beso!" she beamed in her thick yet neutral Spanish accent as soon as she halted before me. "Mi amigas are very delightful!"

For my grandma, over assertiveness, modesty and propriety should always be the language of my principles and way of living.

Flaunting superiority, intelligence, and ability should not be overused and over practiced. But sometimes, she might not notice it but she actually is a woman of affluence and social position that it naturally projects without her knowing it.

I sighed at the sight of her ingratiating eyes and simpers which she always does whenever I please her.

"When we visited Philippines, abue."

She looked a tad surprised but laid back afterwards. "How come, chico?"

Now that she called me by that, my shoulders drooped and I snorted. But I know better. I quickly changed my urging disposition and showed grandma my delicate yet elusive smile.

I shook my head lightly and just kissed her cheek to get this over with.

"You do that to your amigas that's why I tried, lita," I uttered gently in addition to what I addressed her that I know would surely moved her.

Her smile that could light up the whole city bulged. She clapped her hands in complete amazement.

"Bueno! Tu amigo Allan is waiting for you downstairs. You should play with the pequeño."

I nodded my head lightly before tiptoeing to reach for her cheek. When I beso beso her, she chuckled. The mockery was evident the way she looked at me after.

"Next time, do that on both cheeks and make a kissing sound on each!" she teased.

I frowned. "No way."

On normal days, she would surely reprimand me right away for frowning at her. But since she's too beamed to get strict right now, abuela just grinned playfully and beckoned me to go before going to her siesta.

"Dude, how are you doing?" Allan immediately backslapped me.

It's been almost a week since the last time we saw each other after we went home to the US from the Philippines. Abuela occupied my schedule with my piano lessons. According to her, every noble man should know how to play at least one instrument. And piano was her personal favorite for me.

So instead of car toys and robots, like any normal accompaniments of every eight-year-old boy, I was busy for the whole week in front of a giant grand piano.