Too Young Over

It was much later the afternoon and Maya was sitting with the entire gang at Topanga's.
She was certainly very scared at what she had heard just a few hours earlier.
She kept a good distance from Lucas which wasn't normal for the past few months.
She wasn't sure what to believe and she was certainly not expecting any of what she had heard to be true.

"Is it true?" Maya asked after keeping quiet for a few minutes.

All of her friends were looking at her but she wasn't entirely sure if they knew what she is talking about.

"What are you talking about?" Riley asked.
"Is what true?" Zay asked and Maya stood up.
"That Lucas beated a boy in a coma and that was why he was expelled," Maya said and Lucas's eyes widened.
"Zay," Lucas said and Zay lifted his shoulders up.

Lucas looked down at his hands while Maya ran hers through her hair.
She knew when he did that it meant what was said is true.
She walked past him to the counter and tried to catch her breathe.

"Maya, just listen to me before you overreact," Lucas said.
"Overreact? So it's true?" Maya asked.
"Yeah, it is. I beated a kid in a coma," Lucas said and now Riley jumped up and walked tk her best friend.

"Relax, girls. He won't do anything," Zay said.
"Says the guy who had to help me just two days ago to prevent that he doesn't hit Thomas. Why? How can you except us to feel safe with you when you do stuff like that?" Maya asked.
"Maya please just let me..."
"I don't want to hear it. Come, Riles," Maya said and grabbed Riley's hand guiding her away from the bakery.

~

Cory and Topanga were busy talking about what to do for Christmas the next day when Maya and Riley stormed into the apartment.
Riley was in tears and in a state.
Topanga immediately ran to her daughter trying to console her.

"What's wrong Sweetheart?" Topanga asked.
"I can't, Mom. I can't. I..."
"What is going on?" Cory asked.

"When were you going to tell us that Lucas got expelled because he assaulted a child?" Maya asked and Topanga's eyes widened.
"I thought you said it wasn't serious," Topanga said.
"If you call three months in a coma not serious, sure. It was nothing," Maya said.

"He learned his lesson and I excepted that he wanted to forget about it. He wanted to start over and I appreciated it that way," Cory said and Riley pulled away from Topanga.
"I don't want him near me," Riley said.
"Me even less. How could you keep this from us? Do you know how much me and Zay have to stop him from assaulting other kids at school? We are in danger with him around," Maya said.
"Why did she know and I didn't?" Riley asked.
"Because your uncle was at school this morning to warn me," Maya said and Cory's eyes widened.
"My brother told you?"
"Josh told me everything. I'm not spending Christmas here. I... I can't. I'll figure out something," Maya said and was gone.

"How the hell could you trust a person who beat a kid in a coma near your daughter? Are you out of your... She is not going back till that guy is out of the school. I refuse to send my daughter back to that place. Sort this out. With the new year Lucas Friar better be gone," Topanga said.

Maya was sitting in her room trying to catch her breathe.
She couldn't believe what she had just heard.
She wanted to get away from everything yet she had no idea how she was going to do that.
One thing she knew and that was that she couldn't go back to Riley's for Christmas.
She couldn't.
A knock appears on her window and she smiles as she opens it up.