Driving Lessons

"Come on, Matthews," Maya said.
"No way. I'm not putting my life at risk just so you can learn to drive. Forget it," Cory said as Maya sat down on the couch before Josh came in.
"And if you look so down?" Josh asked.

Ever since the two of them had at started to play the long game pretty much everything has changed.
Josh realized a lot of stuff about Maya and the same way around.

"Nothing," Maya said deciding not to embarrass herself further.
"Maya, I can see it's not nothing. What's wrong?" Josh asked sitting down next to Maya.
"Fine," Maya said exhaling as she brushed her hair away facing Josh.
"I got my learners. But my mom is too busy working to give me lessons and Cory thinks I'm endangering him to drive so I'm just a little down," Maya said.
"Bad experience with your daughter?" Josh asked.
"I don't have the strength to endanger my life. Thanka but no thanks," Cory said and Maya exhaled.
"Maya, I'll teach you," Josh said as Cory looked at him.
"You're dead," Cory said walking away.
"Josh are you sure? Maybe I'm not even good then your brother will just tell you I told you so. I don't think it's a good idea," Maya said.
"I think it is. So whenever you are ready we can start. Have time now? My car is outside," Josh said and Maya thought for a second about this offer.
"I guess I can try," Maya said.
"Let's go," Josh said as they went out of the apartment.

Both Maya and Josh went into the car putting their seat belt on as Josh handed Maya the keys.
Maya smiled as she put the key in starting the car but Josh could see she was nervous.

"Hey, calm down. Nothing is going to happen. Let's go over what you first do," Josh said and Maya exhaled.
"Put seat belts on," Maya said.
"We did that."
"Start car," Maya said.
"Done and dusted."
"Put car in reverse, make sure path is clean and reverse," Maya said.
"Okay do that," Josh said as Maya looked around.

As soon as she saw nobody was there she reversed the car and put it in drive slightly stepping on the gas.
Josh smiled as he knew that Maya knows what to do but was clearly nervous.
She put the car in drive as she slowly started to drive.

"So far so good. Adjust your mirror. Make sure you can see people," Josh said as Maya did what she was told.
"Good. See? You are not that bad at all. Turn on the turn light and turn right," Josh said and Maya exhaled as she did so.

Josh could still see she was anxious to start and was afraid of what could happen.
But he looker carefully at her while he could see she had learned somewhere.

"Where did you learn to drive?" Josh asked.
"I always looked as my grandparents drove. I loved observing," Maya said looking away for a second and suddenly stopping when she saw the red light.
"I'm done," Maya said and Josh looked over at her.
"No you're not. That was one wrong thing," Josh said.
"I'm done, Josh. I'm not risking your life," Maya said leaning forward as Josh placed his hand on her back.
"Maya it's okay. Don't worry. It was my fault. I was distracting you. Hey. Come on. Let's get started again," Josh said and Maya looked at him.
"What if someone gets hurt?" Maya asked.
"Neither of us will. Come," Josh said as Maya started to drive again.

"See nothing to be worried about. Turn left and park the car," Josh said as Maya did so.
"See? You are just nervous," Josh said smiling as Maya exhaled.
"Maybe I'm not going to get better," Maya said.
"Maya stop resenting yourself. Why are you doing this? What are you so afraid of?" Josh asked and Maya exhaled turning to Josh.
"I don't want anything to happen to you," Maya said and Josh smiled placing his hand on her shoulder.
"Nothing will. I promise you," Josh said and Maya slightly nodded.

Josh smiled brushing her hair away leaning in closer causing their lips to crash.
Instantly Maya got lost in in knowing both she and Josh were okay but also that the one guy who she always wanted something to do with was there for her.