Ski Lodge Romance

This is not a request nor is it one of my own stuff.
This is a chapter my friend, Aviva, wrote for Romeo and Juliet A GMW Version and I think it will make a good one shot.
Follow Aviva at FanficGirl1610 and I'll see you guys soon!
Requests are open.

*Maya’s POV*

We were all sitting in class talking about how excited we were to go on our
class trip.
A weekend in the cold snow.
We were going on a ski trip!
I had just turned to say something to Zay when Matthews walked in fuming with a
long wooden stick – a pointer maybe – and went to the board. He angrily wrote the word NATURE in caps lock on the board and slammed the pointer next to it.
‘NATURE!!’ ye yelled.
"The only place where a bear can eat you."
"What’s he got against nature?" I asked
"Isn’t he the head of the nature club?" someone else asked
"It was either that or the ski club. He would NEVER choose the ski club because of something that happened at our age at Mount Sun Lodge. A mountain girl kissed him. It was a bad time for Corpanga," Riley said.
"I am more worried because we are going to the same MOUNT SUN LODGE in between a – a TRIANGLE!" He shrieked flailing his arms around.
I laughed and said : "Don’t worry Matthews. My human nature is completely under control – nothing and no one can change that."
Just as I finished that sentence Josh – Joshua Matthews – walked in and just simply said "Hey kiddies!" I giggled looked down and said "I’m wrong…"
Topanga walked in and announced that she invited him. "I LOVE YOU" I
yelled at her.
The entire class laughed.
"I had to bring in some great chaperones for the trip – I can’t do this alone. Now get your bags and get to the bus."

The bus was huge.
All of the seats were in pairs, with curtains shielding
them from the aisle and mini curtains on top of the seats – it was like a tiny private room.
I went and entered a seat waiting for Riles when she said :

"Peaches – I am sitting with Smackle if it is ok?"
"Sure – no problem"

I was a little disappointed but I brushed it off and sat
near the window.
I was sitting alone in the last seat so I put in my earphones and played some songs by Dua Lipa.
I was looking out and
didn’t notice that somebody came and sat next to me – until one of my earphones was pulled out.

"Hey."

It was Josh. Joshua Matthews chose to sit with me.

"Hey" I said back.
"What are you listening to?"
"Dua Lipa."
"Oh I love her! She is an AMAZING artist."
"I know!"

We both liked similar artists. I removed my earphones and handed him the
left one.

"Thanks."
"I have a mixed playlist – Neffex, Dua Lipa, Adele, Zara Larsson, an all."
"All my favorite artists."

I put in the right earphone and we started listening to music. It was a 6 hour drive and we just started.
An hour passed and I started shifting around.

"You ok?" Josh asked
"Not very fond of small places."
"Just calm down – only 5 hours left."
"Big consolation."

He let out a small laugh.
Another hour passed and my eyes kept closing so I leaned my head against the window.

"Maya" Josh whispered
"Put your head on my shoulder – it is WAY more comfortable than the window."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks."
"No problem."
I slowly leant on him and put my head on his shoulder – we were as close as we could be with the seat divider in between that. Even though I could move it I didn’t – I was already quite comfortable and getting closer would have been trying too hard. I fell asleep to the sound of music and Josh humming along.