In Love At My Best Friend's Wedding

Request from Laloamg625
Requests are open.

Maya sat aside at the table looking as Josh was talking to Cory yet again.
He has been doing his best to avoid the girl during his niece's wedding and she can't blame him.
The last two months they have been awkward since Maya actually did finish high school and now his niece is getting married at 18.

"Okay, you and I can't keep ignoring each other for the rest of our lives," Josh said as he sat down next to Maya.
"This is going to kill both of us. My niece just got married and we are not talking. It must be absolutely terribly for her to have this in her wedding day," Josh said.
"Is this my decision, Josh? No. No it isn't. I wanted to talk last month but you didn't want to. And I have no idea why you did that. I tried contacting you, I went to your college dorm. I did try. But it can't just come from my side," Maya said.
"Maya, I didn't want to be a second Kermit to you. And that was what I wanted to avoid," Josh said as they heard how someone went on the stage.

"As best man to my best friend, I here want to open the dance flour for the bride and groom. So we've organized a singer. Maya," Zay said as Maya came up while Josh watched her closely.

"First of all I want to say how happy I am for Riley and Lucas. Four years of dating and here you guys are as Mr and Mrs Friar. This is my and your parents wedding gift to you guys. Let's get this dance flour open."

"When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love
When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
Oh, I hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love
I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I will never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong
I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue
And I'd go crawling down the avenue
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love
The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet
I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of this Earth for you
To make you feel my love, oh yes
To make you feel my love."

As Maya started to sing and words flew over her mouth while Riley and Lucas were dancing Josh watched as the young girl sang the song like she's known it for years.
He smiled shortly looking back over to her as he was amazed at how gracefully she was singing.
As the young girl finished the melody the DJ started to play some music while Maya went to sit down next to Josh again.

"You were good," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"Thanks. I thought that would be a good gift to them. Seeing that I'm making their own wedding so miserable," Maya said.
"Hey. Look at them," Josh said while Maya looked over to Riley and Lucas were they were dancing.
"You didn't ruin anything. And if anyone actually did it is me. I've been horrible towards you the past few weeks and I know that. Yet I didn't stop it. I owe you an apology," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"It's okay, Josh," Maya said as Josh lightly cupped her cheek before giving her a soft kiss.

Their first kiss together and for Maya it felt like nothing was different.
She could feel that it was magical and one of a kind.
Like it should be.

"Wanna dance?" Josh asked as he pulled away.
"Yeah."