Always Part 2

One shot part 2 requested from JoshayaShipper2007
Requests are still open

It was early the next morning and Maya woke up.
Riley was still fast asleep and she doubts anyone else is awake.
Since there wasn't a lot of bedrooms in the Matthews house Maya was sleeping on the bay window which she made like a bed for her to sleep in.
She sat up and climbed off the window.
She then went out of the room and into the living room immediately finding Josh.

"Morning," Josh said and Maya gave him a weak smile.

Maya didn't look at Josh neither did she do any effort into talking to him.
She didn't want to start yet another fight and she knew if she were to start talking to him that is what would happen.
And he knew she was acting even stranger than last night.

"Okay can we please talk? I don't want to leave things like this," Josh said.
"Like what?" Maya asked and faced Josh for the first time.
"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Maya. I just think it's time we leave the past where it belongs," Josh said and Maya sigh.
"And where is that? Because I don't think either of us know where we did stand even before this entire thing. Just leave it Josh," Maya said.
"No. I refuse to just except this is it. Do you really want to give up our friendship? After all these years?" Josh asked.
"After all these years you still don't understand. Listen leave it. Not like we're gonna see each other every day. My parents are coming back soon and hopefully we'll then be out of each other's ways," Maya said.

"What are you talking about?" Cory asked.
"Morning Mr Matthews. Nothing," Maya said.
"Good. Listen you guys are going on a road trip and no. It's not negotiable," Cory said.
"Oh goodness me. What is going to happen?" Maya asked looking at Cory.

She knew something was going to happen which will probably put almost everything at risk.
He didn't tell them that for nothing.
Only question is what is really going to happen.

"What is it Cor?" Josh asked.
"You guys are going away for the summer," Cory said.
"Who is 'you guys'?" Maya asked.
"You, Riley, Lucas, Farkle, Zay, Smackle and of course my dear brother. You guys are flying out to Hawaii tomorrow morning so I would get packing if I were you," Cory said.

Maya and Josh looked at each other knowing that the plane wasn't actually to just get everything done with but for the two of them to finally make peace or to figure out what they really feel.
Only problem is neither of them actually do know what they want.
They thought it was as simple as one, two, three now it isn't.
Their decision could influence everyone around them.

"Fine. Did my parents give their approval?" Maya asked.
"Yip. Shawnie said you can go with pleasure. Besides my brother is going with you. What's the worse that can happen?" Cory said making Maya feel anxious about it.

~

"I can't believe your father is doing this. How can he just post us to Hawaii without even thinking about the consequences? Does he really think I want to sit on a island waiting for Josh to write me off?"

Maya certainly wasn't happy but she does realize that it doesn't help going to Riley with everything.
It is what it is.
Which is she is being forced to go with Josh to a place to unwind or to let the truth come out.
Only thing is that the two has no idea how they actually do feel.

"My dad is trying to help Maya. Besides it's Hawaii. Who wouldn't want to go there?"
"What about all the storms and so on? It's not safe in anyway Riles. I can't believe Uncle Shawn agreed to this," Maya said.

Ever since Shawn did marry her mother she felt obligated to call him Uncle.
Not like he is her real one but she would want to show a little respect to him.
Besides she's known him so long it doesn't even seem funny anymore.
He is the best step-father any girl could ask for and Maya is extremely lucky to have a guy like him in her life as a father.
Especially since her real father didn't care much to even stick around.

"Maybe he also wants you to be happy. You aren't right now. Maybe you and Josh can sort all your wire work out. It's not like you're going to regret it. Once again, it's Hawaii. We are gonna have the time of our lives. No adults, no limits, no boss."
"Are you mad? Your uncle is coming along. Of course we are gonna have limits and so on. Besides if anyone knows better your father is sending yet another person to accompany us. I don't see this as a vacation at all Riles," Maya said.
"We want to see you happy Maya. Maybe you just need awhile away from your natural habitat. Who knows? Maybe you guys can figure it out in another location. Just think about it. You are away from my dad. You can do what you want," Riley said.
"No. Wrong. I can't. Anyway I have to go home and pack. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up liking it," Maya said.
"I'll walk with you," Riley said.
"No stay here. I'll be fine. I always am."

~

Maya was at home packing some stuff into a suitcase since she hasn't took her summer clothes over to the Matthews yet.
She sigh as she throws in some more clothes and sees a picture from long ago.
She was about seven maybe eight years old.
It was so long ago that she doesn't even know when it was.
She smiles as she looks at the two kids on the photo before putting it down again.
She does realize that she isn't entirely the same girl she was back then and neither is the boy on that photo.yy,. Yl
To fly nine hours wasn't an ideal thing for her and now she just has to hope nothing else goes wrong.
She receives a text and immediately opens it.
Kalaoa was where they were staying flying through Kona International Airport.
The flight was scheduled for ten tomorrow morning so they were leaving early.
Maya quickly did the math in her head and realized they had to drive at about six to make it in Manhattan for the flight since it was a two hour drive and they had to book in at like eight.
Maya sigh as she finishes her packing and goes back to the Matthews.

~

"Let me help you Maya," Cory said as he took the suitcase.
"Thank you Mr Matthews. Where are the others?" Maya asked as she brushed a curl out of her face.
"Riley and Lucas are in her room which I don't like and Josh is paying a friend a visit before the flight," Cory said.
"Okay let me go see what your daughter is doing," Maya said and was off.

She knocked on the door before going in finding Lucas and Riley going through a article about Hawaii.
She smiles as she goes in.

"I don't know what your father is worried about. You two are angles. Hi Lucas."
"Hey how are you handling that Josh is coming along?" Lucas asked and Maya shook her head.
"Ask me when I have calmed down a bit. My packing is fortunately done so I don't have to worry about that anymore," Maya said as she went to sit down on the bay window pulling out a old book she was busy reading.
"Haven't you been staying here for two weeks?" Lucas asked.
"Yeah but I haven't bought summer clothes over yet and now I did. I got the ticket and flight information," Maya said.
"Of course you did. How are we getting there?" Lucas asked.
"Our parents are dropping us off and in our case my father is dropping me, Maya and Josh off. Hope you know what to expect of this trip," Riley said.
"Nine hours in a plane? Yeah right," Maya said before she put in her earphones.

Lately she has been acting really weird and to say the truth nobody knew what is going on.
Maybe it was because of Josh but she was acting odd before he came.

It was late the evening and Maya was still wide awake.
She takes out the picture she was looking at home and smiles.
Maybe she and Josh can figure out what is really going on with the two of them.
But who knows?
With Joshua Matthews it can go anyway.