Nightmare Is Over With

Maya woke up as she hears activity in the room clearly from Riley.
But Maya woke up to find the eleven year old Auggie there playing with cars.
She sat up as she knew something very weird was going on since the little guy never would be playing near her.
"Auggs?" Maya asked as she sat up.
"Sorry did I wake you up?" Auggie asked and Maya smiled.
"No, come here Buddy," Maya said as Auggie jumped up on Maya's bed.
"What is it? What are you doing here while your grandparents are probably much more fun playing with?" Maya asked.
"I'm worried about you," Auggie said.
"Why?" Maya asked brushing her hair away.
"Riley said you had a nightmare. Uncle Josh isn't worried but I am," Auggie said and Maya agve him a hug.
"Don't be," Maya said.

Riley and Smackle looked over at Maya as it was clear that the nightmare she had the other night was still there.
It was something that Riley wanted to avoid for Maya but she couldn't.
Her best friend was having these nightmares and she had no idea what was going on.
No.
Riley looked over to Maya where she heard noises which sounded close to talking but wasn't sure.
"Get Josh. I've had it. Maya wake up," Riley said as she went closer to her best friend trying to wake her up.
"Maya, wake up!" Riley yelled and Maya instantly jumped up completely out of breathe.
"It's okay. Take a breathe," Riley said.
"Nothing is okay. Nothing is..." Maya said and jumped out of bed running out of the bedroom.
She exhaled as she got to the living room and tried to catch her breathe.
She was completely out of breathe and freaked out but she didn't know how else to act.
Why was she having these nightmares?
What insane reason did she have them for?

Riley walked around as she saw how Shawn was sitting with Maya on the couch as her grandmother gave her a cup of tea.
Clearly she had freaked out much worse than she could ever imagine if Shawn was now also worried.
"Should I call your mom?" Shawn said as Maya shook her head while sipping on her tea.
"I'll be okay," Maya said putting the cup down on the coffee table in front of her.
"If you talk to us maybe. Maya what is going on?" Riley asked sitting down next to Maya.
In the meantime Josh had also walked into the living room of his parent's house and was watching everything from a side.
The young girl was clearly freaked out but he had to figure out why and because of what.
"I am standing in the middle of the corridor of a hospital. People are rushing around," Maya said as she tried to catch her breathe.
"They pushed Riley in a isolated ward and they keep on calling out time of deaths. Constantly. Next thing I know I'm standing at a cemetery busy burying..." Maya said as she took a deep breathe.
Josh looked as her breathes got heavier and it was clear that she wasn't as okay as he thought.
Shawn placed his hand on her back as he tried to keep her calm.
Josh saw as tears ran over her cheeks and came closer.
"Hey, what's going on?" Josh asked as Maya tried to pull herself together.
"Maya's panic attacks which according to you is nothing," Riley said as Cory looked at his brother.
"You should have told me," Cory said.
"I thought it was nothing," Josh said and Maya stood up immediately running outside.

Maya exhaled as she looked at the television screen in front of her eyes avoiding all contact with her phone.
Social media was now her biggest enemy as everything she got there made her more anxious and her anxiety was getting worse.
Josh saw as the young girl was in front of the television not entirely knowing how he was supposed to help her but he couldn't do nothing.
He refused to except that.
"Maya," Josh said as he sat down next to Maya.
She quickly switched off the television rotating her body so she could face him.
She knew what he had to tell must be important but didn't know how it would be important.
"I never realized how bad everything was until this morning. Riley came to me awhile ago with you are having nightmares causing you to have panic attacks," Josh said.
"Just one of those things," Maya said and Josh shook his head.
"No it isn't. You are tired. I can see it. This is influencing your sleep pattern and it is influencing how you function. I want to help," Josh said.
"You can't," Maya said.
"Riley told me you mentioned me and Shawn. It was our grave wasn't it?" Josh asked and Maya nod as she tried to avoid her tears.
"Maya," Josh said as he slightly threw one arm around her shoulder.
"I am not going anywhere. You don't have to be afraid about that," Josh said.
"Maybe. But you can't keep that promise," Maya said.
"Yes, I can. Because I am here and I love you way too much to ever leave you. I meant what I said at ski lodge. I never want you not to be in my life and even if I have to fight I will be here. Don't be scared," Josh said as he pulled Maya close into him.

Maya woke up and exhaled.
She smiled as it was the first time in two weeks she had actually slept good.
Josh's words the previous night was much needed and she knew it was what made it so much better for herself.
"Ah, did someone have a good night's rest?" Riley asked as Maya came into the living room smiling.
"Thank you, Josh. I needed to hear the things you said yesterday. It helped me a lot," Maya said.
"And what was that?" Riley asked and Joshaya looked at each other.
"Think that is a secret that will remain between me and Maya," Josh said as Maya's phone rang.
"Mom, hi. How..." Maya said and instantly was cut short.
She listened to the words her mother said to her through the phone as Josh could see that her face expression was not good.
He carefully watched as her face went through phases which eventually stopped.
"Call me when you get more news. Bye," Maya said as she put the phone down.
"My uncle has been admitted with Covid," Maya said and Josh stood up immediately taking Maya into his arms.

Maya carefully looked out of the window as she knew she wasn't going to get better soon.
The nightmare was back only this time it was her uncle who came through the grave.
She couldn't think of anything else and she knew she had to get some kind of rest if she was going to survive the whole thing.
"Maya, you need to sleep," Josh said throwing a blanket over Maya's shoulder.
"Well unfortunately I can't control what I think," Maya said.
"We are all fine," Josh said.
"No. My uncle is infected, Josh. It's official. It's done with. One for one everyone is going to leave. Go in. I'll be in within a second," Maya said.
"I'll make us some hot chocolate then," Josh said and went inside.

Maya exhales as she looks at the date on her phone.
Officially one month of quarantine behind her back.
She exhales as she hears her phone ringing immediately answering it.
"Hi, Mom," Maya said.
"Hi, Hun. It's over. Uncle Cletus is being discharged tomorrow. He was tested negative," Katy said and Maya exhaled.
"That's amazing. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight then," Maya said.
"Gotta go. Have a zoom book club meeting. Talk later hun."
Maya puts the phone down and exhales as Josh comes closer to her.
"And now?" Josh asked.
"My uncle was tested negative," Maya said and Josh took her into his arms.
"Everything will be okay," Josh said and Maya exhaled.

Maya exhaled looking out on the porch at how perfect everything was.
Spring was now in the air and it was absolutely beautiful to see how the leaves changed color and how she eventually managed to move on with her life.
She was now not so scared anymore and since the news with her uncle better and at home she has been doing better as well.
"And if you are thinking so hard?" Josh asked smiling as he gave the young girl a cup of coffee.
"Thanks. No reason. It's so peaceful here. Reminds me when we went to ski lodge four years ago," Maya said smiling as she took a sip of her coffee.
"I'm glad you're doing better, Maya," Josh said and Maya nod in agreement.
"Me too," Maya said.

Maya looked as the whole house was decorated.
Of course one of Morgan's boys were having a huge birthday party and she wanted to stay away from it due to her experience with Morgan.
Maya exhaled as she went outside.
May was here and she knew it was a sad day for a lot of reasons but she also didn't want to know how it would end.
"And if you're hding?" Topanga asked as she came out.
"I didn't exactly hit it off with Morgan so I'm staying away. And I have some stuff to figure out as well," Maya said.
"Nonsense. Come inside," Topanga said.
"Rather not. Go, I'll be fine," Maya said as she saw Josh.
"I have this one, Topanga," Josh said as his sister-in-law went back inside.
"Stop hiding from my sister," Josh said.
"Morgan is just a lam excuse. I'm not hiding from her. I'm hiding from you," Maya said and Josh looked at her.
"Why?" Josh asked.
"Because I don't know what you want from me. You've been very nice and I know that was just because I had problems. Go. I have a few calls to make," Maya said as Josh moved closer to Maya.
Cupping her face he gave her a soft kiss lasting forever according to Maya.
After her last failed relationship she didn't want to dare give her heart up again.
But now she was and she couldn't believe what was happening.
Josh pulled away looking the young girl in the eye.
"I wasn't worried because of that nor because my niece told me to worry. I love you. That's why I was worried," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"Let's go in," Maya said as she went past Josh.
"Ah, thought you were avoiding us. I just realized I never properly introduced you guys. Maya these are my son, Frederick and James, and of course my daughter, Abigail. Frederick is today 6, James is turning 4 in November and Abby turned 2 years in January," Morgan said and Maya smiled.
"Pleased to meet you kids," Maya said smiling.

"What's going on with you, Maya? You're very quiet," Josh said and Maya exhaled.
"I know. I don't know what you want from me. The kiss, yesterday, all of this," Maya said referring to the movie night Josh arranged for the two of them.
"I don't want anything from you," Josh said.
"After my failed relationship with my father I promised myself never to trust anyone with my heart again," Maya said and Josh slowly nod.
"Until I met you," Maya said and Josh looked at the young girl.
"I fell so head over heels I didn't even care about my heart. You rejected me but I kept loving you and hoping for the day something would happen. I didn't want to feel anything after my failed relationship with my father but you healed that wond and now I am prepared to give it up. To give my heart up," Maya said.
"I'm glad. Because I love you and even if we are in a pandemic I would love if we could give us a shot," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"I love you too. Let's give us a shot," Maya said as she laid her head in Josh's chest while he gave the side of her head a kiss.

Maya looked as children ran all over the backyard making her softly laugh.
She never knew it was such a huge thing for her to be around people and now it was.
It was something she could get used to for the rest of her life and she wanted that to always stay the way it was.
"What are you thinking about?" Josh asked as Maya smiled.
"How lucky I am. Yes, we may be in a extremely scary time but I'm here with you and with all my friends. I can't be happier," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"Are you happy?" Josh asked and Maya looked at him.
"Josh, it doesn't matter what happens next. I'm more than happy right where I am," Maya said as she gave Josh a kiss before she went to play with the kids.