Day Nine

➛ March 20th, 2020 

I was still feeling like crap. My voice was horrible and I could barely talk. I woke up around 11am and I immediately text my supervisor to let her know of my current situation. I was scheduled to work on Sunday but at this rate, I didn't think I'd be able to. 

I told my Mom I needed to go see the doctor but she didn't want to take me because of the virus. The hospitals were overflowing with patients. I guess the risk was too high. My Mom said I just needed to keep taking Theraflu, Tylenol and keep sleeping. I just wanted to feel better. 

The Governor of my state reinforced the order for all non-essential businesses close by Monday, where enforcement would begin and fines could be given to any business in violation. Social gatherings were banned, starting at 50 people, to 25, and now only 10 people. They extended public schools to stay closed for another two weeks as COVID-19 continued to spread without control. 

Apparently, some of the counties in my state were being placed under stay-at-home orders. I couldn't believe it. Suddenly, the whole pandemic began feeling like a teen-fiction dystopian book. Or something a second grader wrote. It felt more and more unrealistic. I wondered if I was dreaming in my sleep or if the flu had made me delirious.