Day Nineteen

➛ March 29th, 2020 

My home state is lighting up like a Christmas tree. The daily report of COVID-19 cases per county is doubling. My coworkers are anxious and I'm not going to lie, so am I. We are dealing with the unknown and it is very scary, let alone a deadly virus in its grasp. I wanted to wake up from the horrible dream. For once, I just wanted life to return to normal. 

By the end of my shift, I learned that a COVID-19 case was confirmed in a community only ten minutes away. It was too close to home. Better yet, a home was broken into during the night and that was only twenty minutes away. I was feeling more anxious than ever. Scared, even. I'm scared of people. What they're capable of. What this pandemic will drive them to do. Will all morales be abandoned? 

I went home and told my Mom that she needed to stop going to the Post Office. She has a weak immune system and I felt the need to protect her. Almost half our state was under a stay-at-home order but people just weren't listening. It crossed my mind several times that if anything in the world would kill the human race...it would be humans themselves. I actually told my Mom that and she laughed. I'm not kidding. 

Forget the zombies, people are brainless enough.