Day Twenty-Two

➛ April 1st, 2020

It was quiet today, it felt eerie. There was no morning news, it seemed like things came to a stand still. I wanted to prank my Mom. I wanted to tell her that I've had a boyfriend ever since October, I just was nervous about telling anyone. I'm not particularly fond of guys, they piss me off, so everyone gets all excited when I talk about guys. But, I chose not to because my Mom would be too happy for me and I'd have to tell her its only a prank. I didn't have the heart. 

I had pranked my Mom real good last April Fool's. I told her that the guy I had been talking to in Ukraine bought me plane tickets to go see him. She believed me and I laughed way too hard. I mean, I am still talking to a guy in Ukraine but we don't like each other like that. We're more like bestfriends and its nice. I can never be friends with a guy without him pulling sexual crap. 

Anyway, the day was ruined when the Governor of my state announced that my entire state was going into lockdown. The order started at 8pm tonight and it goes until April 30th. I thought it was a joke. I thought they were pulling the ultimate April Fool's prank...but no, it was real. President Trump announced a two week plan to shut down everything and the National Guard would enforce stay-at-home orders. 

I couldn't believe it. I guess everyone else was pretty speechless, too. Nobody was pulling any pranks... its like no one can beat what's happening in the world.