Sweet Symphony

"Here are the keys to the house," Kendall said as he handed James the keys.

James took the keys and smiled. "Don't worry about the house, Ken. We'll take care of it."

Kendall eyed James with suspicion. "The only reason why I'm trusting you to house sit for us is because the other guys can't do it. I'm warning you, if anything in this house is out of order when we come back, you're gonna get your ass kicked. And no sex on my couch or bed!"

"Kendall, I'm offended. Do you actually think I would do something like that? In your own house?"

"Yes," Kendall said straight faced.

"Kendall, chill out. It's only for the weekend," Malese said as she grabbed his arm. "Come on, we're going to be late."

"Alright, we're leaving then," Kendall said, still looking at James.

James followed them to the door and closed it when they left. He turned around and looked at Toni who was sitting on the couch.

"They're finally gone," he said as he joined her on the couch.

"Yes, they are," Toni replied with a smile. "So, what do you want to do tonight?"

"I don't really have anything specific in mind. What would you like to do?"

Toni thought a moment. "I think we should order Chinese food, watch a bunch of movies, and pig out on popcorn."

"Sounds good to me, let me get the phone book," he said as he got up and went into the kitchen.

He looked in a random drawer and found the phone book then brought it back to the living room. James sat back down on the couch and began flipping through the pages. He found the number to the Chinese place and called in their order.

"Well, that's done. Let's go to the movie store," he said as he grabbed her hand.

The two of them went to the nearest movie store and scanned through the shelves of movies.

"How about this one?" James said as he picked up the cover to a science fiction movie. "This sounds really cool."

Toni glanced at the cover and shook her head. "No way, let's try something a little less boring."

"Like what?"

"Like this one," she said as she picked up the cover to Coyote Ugly. "I really love this movie."

"I don't want to see that."

"Why not? The movie is really good."

"Who wants to see a bunch of girls wearing skimpy clothing dance on a bar?" James though a moment. "Actually, when I say it out loud like that it doesn't sound so bad."

Toni smacked James on his stomach. "You're a pervert. Okay, forget Coyote Ugly. How about National Treasure?"

"I can live with that one."

"Alright," she replied as she picked up a copy of it. "How about Final Destination?"

"No way! That plane scene is a little too much for me. I already hate flying enough as it is."

Toni laughed and moved on down the row. "Gossip?"

"Seen it."

"The In Crowd?"

"Hated it."

"Model Behavior?"

James made a face. "Are you fucking kidding me? That's just disgusting. I can't believe you asked me that."