First Time With You

"James, stop," I said, pushing his hand away from me. It was resting on the very small sliver of skin that was showing between my jeans and my shirt, and his fingertips were trying to make their way under the fabric, but I wasn't so sure about that. We hadn't ever "fooled around" before- we had a mutual agreement. I wasn't hot on the idea of having sex in a relationship until being engaged, or heck, even marriage. And I'd told James that a year ago when we started dating, and he was okay with it.

But now he was getting anxious. He'd gone a little over a year without having sex, and I wasn't sure what he did when he wasn't alone, but honestly, it wasn't even my business. "What's wrong?" he asked, and I just stared at him, giving him that 'don't lie' look.

"You know I'm not comfortable with this," I told him, standing up and walking across the room.

"Darling, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but why is it that you won't let me touch you?"

"It's nothing," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and turning away from him.

"Sweetheart, come on, please tell me," James said gently, and I could feel him coming closer.

"I said it was nothing, James," I said sternly, trying to swallow the tightness in my throat.

"I won't judge you," he said softly, rubbing my arms from behind and I bit my lip. "You know I won't. I just want to help."

"I don't know anything," I admitted, looking down at the floor. "I don't want to ruin having sex for you."

James turned me around, then shook his head, taking one of my hands in his. "You could never," he said, lifting my hand and kissing the back of it, then the palm, and then my wrist.

"I don't know," I repeated, but wasn't sure if it was actual unintelligence of the subject, or if it was pure un-sureness and James looked up at me with a different look in his eyes.

"Let me teach you, then." He watched me, waiting for a response, so I nodded.

"Okay," I said shakily, and he took my hand and led me to his bedroom. I'd spent countless nights on his bed, maybe wearing one of his shirts and a pair of sweatpants, and he'd have his arms around me and I'd fall asleep to his breathing. It was completely innocent, and not once did he try and make a move, or make me feel uncomfortable. We just slept beside one another.

But this was different. His bed wasn't just for sleeping anymore. He sat down on the edge of his bed, but I stayed standing for a moment. I was nervous. I'd never done anything of the physical nature, because I knew I wouldn't be good at it.

"Come here, babe," James said, patting the spot next to him. "You know I don't bite."

"Well you may be lying, considering the situation," I joked, trying to lighten my own mood.

James laughed, and when I sat down next to him, he cupped a cheek in his hand and pulled a piece of hair behind my ear. He leaned in to kiss me, and as soon as his lips brushed against mine, I shied away.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, and James rubbed his thumb across my cheek.

"Don't be," he said, smiling a little. "Just don't think about it. You've done it a million times." I nodded- I suppose he was right. We'd kissed plenty of times, but I guess knowing that this kiss was going to lead to James taking my virginity by the end of the night made me wary.

He leaned in again, and I closed my eyes and let his lips cover mine. I had my hands wrapped around his neck, like always, and he moved his hands down to my waist, where they were when we were out in the living room. His tongue licked at my lips, and I opened my mouth for him and he pulled me closer to him. James made a soft noise, one I'd never heard from him before, and it made my stomach tingle. I wasn't sure what was going on right now, and honestly, that scared the shit out of me.