Track 9: The Project

Scott and Wallace sat down in Ramona's living room, nothing had changed since the last time they were there, except for the books on the side table had been removed, Ramona walked in with a two cups of tea, she smiled whist handing them over to the two boys.

"I decided to make tea for you guys, you know since you were so nice to visit me" Ramona gave Scott a small amount of eye contact causing him to sink into the cushions, trying to hide.

"Thank you so much Ramona" Wallace snarked taking the cup from her "I don't think fluff wants his just yet"

Scott lifted his head up slightly, squinting his eyes.

"Okay then I'll just put it on the coffee table, or shall I say the, tea table🎶" Ramona chuckled, "I rarely drink coffee anyway"

"So anyway, Flowers" Wallace said taking a sip of his drink "what did you want to talk about"

"Life, I guess" Ramona responded " I just want to see how you guys are getting on since I let you out"

"Fine, nothing affected me, although" Wallace looked over at Scott who was inching towards his cup. "Careful sweetie" he whispered so Ramona couldn't hear "you don't want to spill it like you did with the cup of water, it's scalding hot"

Wallace turned his attention back to Ramona, he put on a forced smile.
"Although, what Wallace?" Ramona asked

"Well you might of upset Scott" Wallace tried to spilt his vision between Scott and Ramona, just so he wouldn't peak Ramona's suspicions

"How would I have upset Scott, he seemed very understanding when I let him go, didn't you Scott" Ramona gave Scott another glance, Scott responded with a squint.

"But you threw him and I out" Wallace protested "you cannot possibly love him if you practically abandoned him" Scott rested his head on Wallace's knee, like he was a cat seeking affection from its owner. Wallace noticed this and tried to hold back a chuckle

"Is Scott okay" Ramona asked "he's been a little quiet, is he tired"

"Yes he's a little sleepy" Wallace ran a hand through Scott's hair

"Okay?" Ramona bit her lip "anyway have you gotten over you know who"

A chill ran down Wallace's back, his breathing quickened as thoughts of Mobile flashed in his mind. Wallace gritted his teeth to resist the temptation to cry out.

"Oh, maybe I shouldn't of brought him up, you forgot about him didn't you"

"Wallace" came a calming voice that never spoke in this conversation "it's okay, I'm here" Wallace looked down to see Scott he had lifted his body up from Wallace's leg and he had wrapped an arm round his shoulder.

"Scott?" Wallace asked in confusion "what are you doing"

"Shhhh" Scott said putting a finger to Wallace's lips "listen to my voice, get rid of him, he doesn't deserve you as much as I do"

Just looking at Scott made Wallace feel calmer.

"Wallace, you are loved so much more than you think you are" Scott continued "don't let those people destroy your life"