Track 20: Can I Call You Mine?

Author note: huge warning this chapter contains really fluffy moments I was literally feeling giddy when writing this Kay

23:56

"Today was actually pretty good" Wallace announced as he sat down on the bed. Scott was on the floor playing with Kinsey, Scott had found a little rod with string attached to its so he was dangling over Kinsey's face hoping that she would jump up and catch it.

"It was" Scott agreed "I wonder what we will do tomorrow"

Wallace looked around the room before finally thinking of a really brilliant thing to do.

"We will start work on the unicorn" Wallace cooed "I think it'll be a fun thing that we can do together"

Scott's eyelids raised "oh that's amazing Wallace" he said trying to sound excited, he shuffled along on the carpet and gave Wallace a kiss on the cheek, hopefully this is a reminder on how tall Scott really is.

"Aww Scott you don't have to force the emotion into your cute little voice" Wallace fluffed his hair "I can tell you're excited and joyous with your words, I don't want you to strain your throat"

Scott continued playing with the little gryphon, her tiny wings fluttering every time she made a jump to catch the string. Wallace smiled, he had missed Kinsey very much but now she's back with him, he just hopes that she wouldn't hinder their plans, which she probably wouldn't since she's well behaved. She was trained and taught by Wallace himself so of course she's gonna be good.

"Scott" Wallace said softly "how are you feeling"

Scott droned for a couple of moments before plonking his head onto the covers. His fluffy hair resting on the sheets. Wallace ran his hands though Scott's curls, giving him little forehead kisses every few seconds.

"I'm feeling, unsure" Scott said a small scowl seemed to appear in his brows "if that makes any sense"

"Why are you feeling this way?" Wallace uttered, stroking his beard "is it because of the whole ex thing"

Scott's shoulders slumped as his eyes felt damp with murky tears, his eyes weren't illuminated however, Wallace could tell that Scott was a little worried.

"Aww baby there's nothing you need to worry about right this minute" Wallace said in his comforting tone almost as if he were a father consoling a child " we had an amazing day today and tomorrow will possibly be just as exciting"

"I'll try to push it at the back of my mind" Scott said a tiny crooked smile pulled at his cheeks. He looked down noticing he still had the stick in his hand, his eyes then darted across the room to where Kinsey was. She was just waltzing around the room, not taking in the fact that Scott might want to carry on playing.

Wallace glanced at Scott for a few moments before finally saying out of nowhere "Jesus Christ, you're so fucking tall"

"Have you literally just noticed" Scott said smugly as he stretched out a leg which had previously been folded up so he could fit in between the bed and the dresser. He almost knocked one of their pastel horses off which caused Scott's heart to pause.

"Careful guy" Wallace warned "you don't want to break your pretty ponies"

"Sorry" he blurted as he pushed himself up onto the bed and placed the unicorn further away from the edge. This unicorn in particular was deep black with a bright violet mane, Midnight Abyss was what Scott called them.

"Like I was saying Scott" Wallace continued "I remember I used to be a lot taller than you when we were at college together and now it seems you've ummm. Caught me up"