Chapter 1

"Isabella." My mother screamed down the phone at me. "Where are you?"

Gee my mother was yelling at me, why was I not surprised.

"Jesus Christ, I'm leaving now."

"Don't you speak to me like that, you may me 26 but I can still put you over my knee and spank you." Great, a lecture.

"I'm leaving now mother dearest." I said sarcastically.

"Honestly, what are we going to do with you?" She said. "Everyones here so hurry up."

Click. That was the end of the conversation.

I grabbed my car keys and headed out to my car. Every other week we had this argument, because every other week we'd been having these stupid Sunday lunches for twenty years. I was over them.

For twenty years my mother and father had been having fortnightly Sunday lunches with their best friends, it was ritual, you didn't have to attend them all but you had to attend at least 90%, that went for all of us children, me, my brother, my sister and mom and dad's friends children. I was in the shit because I'd probably only attended 60% this year, not that anyone but my mother would care.

I probably sound like I'm ungrateful, a whinger, but honestly I had a strained relationship with my family and as I got older it only got worse.

My sister was the golden child. She was 27, stunning, a model. Her twin brother, my brother, pretty much the same except he was a lawyer.

Me on the other hand, well what could I say. I wasn't planned, I was a surprise for my mother and father, one they didn't really want and I was constantly reminded of that fact. When I was younger the favoritism bothered me, alot, but not now, I was use to it.

Lunch was at mom and dads this week and I pulled up out the front of their house. Great everybody was here, everybody.

I dragged myself out of my car and up the front steps, knocking on the door, I wouldn't dare let myself in, I'd never hear the end of it.

"About time." My mother snapped, opening the door.

I didn't reply, I just headed out back where I knew everybody would be.

"Bella, sweety." Kim said.

I smiled at the woman who'd been more of a mother to me than my own.

"Hey." I said throwing my bag down.

"How nice of you to join us." My sister Cara snapped from the pool.

There she was, floating around the pool in a bikini, demanding the attention of everybody. I was pretty sure I hated her.

I watched her walk to the edge of the pool and climb out, like it was a photo shoot or something.

"Guess who I'm going out with tonight, again?" She hissed as she walked past me.

Gee, that would be hard to guess.......not.

I found myself wondering again if they were actually dating. He always took her to events, he'd never asked me to go with him. I chuckled in my head, I probably wasn't the type you wanted seen on your arm at important events, but it still hurt that I wasn't good enough for him, I mean we were friends after all, well we use to be anyway.

"Hey Izzy." He called, giving me his dimpled smile.

I smiled back and sat on one of the sun lounges, making sure I was as far away from everybody as I could get.