Chapter 36

Matt's POV 

I sat there and watched her, in her pyjamas cooking. I smiled, she looked so damn cute.

At least we were here and not still on the couch. Things had been getting pretty heated and I had a hard time pulling away from her. I wanted her, I wouldn't deny it but I also wanted to take things slow, it had taken so long to get to this point, I wasn't going to rush anything.

"What?" She asked, smiling at me.

I shook my head at her. "Nothing."

I told her nothing but I wanted to tell her everything, the last ten years had been long and hard for me.

Izzy and I met through our father's. They worked together, became friends and started having family get togethers.

I'd always been intrigued by her, I mean here was this girl, who's whole family were blonde and fair, yet she was dark haired and olive skinned. She stuck out from her family and early on it became obvious to me that she was left out of everything, her family treated her differently.

We became firm friends and would often hang out away from our families. This was when she would open up to me. I always had to swear that I wouldn't tell a soul first but she would tell me about the things her family would do to her, the things she was left out of. Christmas and birthday's were the worst for her but I always tried to do what I could to make them a little special.

As we got older we'd still hang out and she always offered her support towards me and the band, coming to gigs when she could, always encouraging me.

It was when I'd left school, when we started concentrating on the band, when I saw less and less of her that I realised I was in love with her. When I did see her it made my day, it honestly did and I realised that nobody else made me happy like Izzy.

The hardest part was the fact that she didn't feel the same. It was obvious that she'd never even considered me as a potential boyfriend.

I tried to move on, I dated girls, hell I'd even introduce them to Izzy and it never bothered her, not in the slightest, so a week or so later I'd end up breaking up with the girl.

Izzy had boyfriends too, and that annoyed the fuck out of me. It didn't matter what I did, Izzy just didn't feel the same.

It wasn't until I started taking Cara out that I noticed a change in her. I started taking Cara out for the simple fact that I wasn't interested in anyone but Izzy and I knew she wouldn't go out with me so I might as well take someone I knew. I didn't realise that people were making such a big deal out of Cara and I being seen together, I never took much notice of gossip, but Izzy started pulling away from me. She started ignoring me, avoiding me and calling me 'one of them'. I hated it, it made me sick to the stomach that she put me in the same category as her family. It was my mom who pointed out to me that maybe Izzy was jealous, and that was why she was acting the way she was. I didn't believe it, but the more I went out with Cara, the more Izzy would distance herself.

I got my hopes up, maybe she did feel the same about me, but everytime I tried to reach out she'd push me away.

That day at the hospital was one of the worst days of my life. When Izzy walked in and I saw her face I wanted to kill somebody, whoever had layed their hands on her. She was hysterical and she'd push me away, then cling to me. I wasn't going to leave her alone, no matter what she said or did.

I never thought in a million years that it was her father who'd done that too her, but then he wasn't really her father was he?

I looked at her standing there, still cooking. My Izzy. She'd gone through so much, but I wasn't going to let her go through it alone.

I got up and walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"I hope you know what your doing." I said, kissing her neck.

"I hope so too." She laughed.

Her laugh was like music to my ears, it was so beautiful.

I loved this girl more than anything, and now maybe, just maybe, she felt the same way.