Chapter 20

"I have to go to Nan." I said pulling back and looking at him.

"Will you tell me what's going on later?" He asked me.

Would I? I didn't know, but I nodded in agreement anyway.

"Okay, go and get ready then we'll drop by my house and I'll get changed."

I jumped in the shower quickly, getting dressed in record time. I didn't even bother with my hair, I just tied it up, wet.

When I came out Matt had his shirt and shoes on ready to go.

We drove in silence to his house and I waited on his couch while he quickly showered and got changed. He was quick, I'll give him that, but even in that short time he still came out looking like a Rock God.

The drive to the hospital was short and as we caught the elevator up I said a silent prayer for Nanna.

"You okay?" Matt asked, as the doors opened.

I nodded and stepped out.

"Oh Matthew, thank god." Cara cried as soon as she saw us. "It's horrible."

"What, what's horrible?" I asked.

I watched her throw herself into Matt's arms. She didn't answer me, she just glared at me.

I went straight to Nanna's room and opened the door quietly. My mother was sitting there holding her hand.

"Isabella." She said quietly.

I walked over to the side of the bed and looked at Nanna then looked at my mother questioningly.

"She's been awake."

"And?" I asked.

"She's paralyzed down her left side."

Oh no, not Nanna.

"And she can't speak."

I felt like I wanted to be sick and the tears started flowing again.

"It'll be okay Bella, she'll be okay." My mother said softly. "Come, sit down.".

She indicated to the other chair, next to hers, but I didn't know if I could, I didn't know if I could stay here.

I heard the door open and my father entered.

I definitely couldn't stay now.

"Where have you been?" My mother asked him quietly.

"I had something to take care of."

Yeah me, I thought heading to the door.

"Bella?" My mother asked.

"I need air." Was all I said.

I walked out, glancing into the waiting room on my way past. Christopher was sitting there looking stunned and Cara was sobbing all over Matt. False tears, she had to make it all about her. It made me feel angry and I really just wanted to slap her face in.

I watched Matt push her away and stand up.

"Where are you going?" Cara cried.

"Izzy." He said.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I told him.

Of course that was a complete lie. I wasn't fine, I wasn't fine at all.

"Poor Nanna." Cara cried.

I looked at her. She made me sick.

"Cara shut up." Christopher snapped. "Bella come and sit down."

I looked at him, I didn't know what I wanted to do. Did I want to sit in this room with her?  Watching her make it all about herself.

"I...." I didn't know what to say.

"It's okay." Matt said, grabbing my hand. "It will be okay."

I shook my head, it really wasn't going to be okay.

He pulled me into his arm's and held me.

Cara made a noise then began crying loudly. Attention seeking. I hated her so much right then, Nanna was probably dying and she was making it about her.

"Shhh." Matt murmured, his lips close to my ear. "I'm here."

"Please don't leave me." I sobbed.

What was I saying?

"Never Izzy." He whispered.

I wrapped my arms around him and held onto him tightly.

Oh no, I thought, I think I'm falling in love.