~ 31 ~

Christianity does not make good people - just as much as it doesn't make bad people. It's centered around the teaching of Jesus Christ - whom Christians believe to be God incarnate in the flesh, or the son of God - it's never made clear. 

Jesus lived a life free of sin. He was not tempted by wickedness, but guided by goodness. Jesus is an excellent role model whether you are secular, of another religion, or Christian. 

The way to become a Christian is to realize the truth of God sacrificing this great teacher / part of himself to go to heaven. We are to meditate on the meaning of his death, on the tragedy of our sins, in order to rectify our own short comings with sin.

In the old days of the Bible and the Early Church, there was a accepted duality of Pagans and Christians. St. Augustine of Hippo learned of the values of Pagan belief, before he advocated so strongly against it. There was a belief that all souls reincarnated. The Church eradicated these beliefs  - believing that people would strive to do better in their own lives if they believed that this life was the only one they had. That they could either wind up in heaven or in hell. 

Christians tend to fall into dualism. You have the ones that hang onto faith, and those that fall away from it - in mental illness and drugs, blaming sin and pre-determinism. You have the returned matriarch, full of selfish behavior and Christian ideals for women. 

...

Examples of dualism in Christianity and Western Culture

. Katy Perry - once a Christian singer, turned pop-rocker, becoming a bit more Conservative with marriage

. Miley Cyrus - turned bad, turned good, turned bad? (Schizoid Personality Disorder)

. Feminism vs Antifeminism. Patriarchy - a back and forth dialectic on woman's role

. Abstinence-only education vs healthy sexuality, and the lack of respect for celibacy despite it's health benefits

. The "importance" of marriage - those types married vs hopeless romantics vs secular cynics