7- Hoodies

"Taehyung-ah... How's college?" Taehyung heard his mother ask through the phone.

"It's great! I'm being taught by Mr Yoongi himself! It's everything I hoped for" he answered, enthusiasm evident in his voice

"Ahh if only he had agreed for the home tutorship. That man is fickle" she sighed

"I understand why he wanted to do it so let the man be!" Taehyung heard his dad call out in the background "an artist has every right to choose how he functions. Especially someone like Mr Yoongi"

"But my Tae Tae could've been by my side if only he had agreed!" He heard his mother argue

"Mom.." Taehyung chuckled "I'll be coming back to you anyway. Let me have a normal college life for once..." His voice fading at the end.

"Taehyung... We talked about this" she said, her voice dripping with concern.

He shook his head as he smiled again "Don't mind me! I'm fine! You guys have been great parents and I've had a great life so far! I've got nothing to complain about. It's fun, pretending to be normal, not having to worry about an entire corporate empire falling on my head after this" he said with a breathy laugh

"Taehyung-ah..." He heard his dad now, his voice tinged with worry "I told you... You don't have to take over. I'll do it till the end of my days and then we'll see what to do about it-"

"No... NO, I want- I want to do it. It was grandma's last wish. And after all, she did for me, it's the least I can do."

"She wouldn't have wanted you to do it unwillingly. You know that all she wanted for you was to be happy..." He heard his dad tell him in a soothing voice.

"I am doing it willingly though. So don't worry about it!" He grinned for good measure, hoping they could hear the smile in his voice

His dad sighed "okay then... Enjoy your college life then! Just don't do anything too stupid."

"Be responsible. That's all I ask of you" his mother added.

"I will! If there's one thing I can do, it's being responsible"

"Take care then, my dear son... Be happy too... Okay?" She said

"I will mother! Don't worry about me!" He said as he cut the call, falling back on his bed.

It was night time. Jimin wouldn't be back till late in the night and he'd already had dinner and worked on the sheet music for the installation. Running his fingers through his long locks he decided to take a cold shower to distract himself from his thoughts.

An entire empire huh?
He'd been trained for this his entire life.
He now had three years to enjoy a bit of normalcy before going back to that world.
Half of one of those years had already flown by in the blink of an eye.

He closed his eyes, letting the cold water pound his back, trying to think about something else

Sure his life was great. He had no complaints.
But sometimes.
He'd just want to
Breathe.

He shut off the shower and dried himself, putting on comfy clothes, before deciding to step out for a bit.
Maybe the night air would calm him down better.

He made his way to the tiny park next to his dorms. He sometimes went there when things got overwhelming.
He spotted a hooded figure staring at the sky, as a gentle breeze made the trees sway.

He walked up to the person and catching a whiff of lavender he knew exactly who it was.

He went and stood next to her and she didn't look at him.