Another case done Dr.

(River p.o.v)

I was sweeping the floor to my book shop as I was singing along to American pie.

"Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
Now, for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rolling stone
But, that's not how it used to be
When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me
Oh and while the king was looking down
The jester stole his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned"

I turned around to see Spencer there with a big smile.
"You know today was close. Twice."
"Yeah it was. But your still unknown to them to a point."
"I thought you were never going to tell them about me?" I asked as I put my broom back to where it belonged.
"Had a little slip up in the morning and just went down hill from there." He explained.
"You and a slip up? Impossible."
"Before I had my coffee. Morgan asked how I slept and I said fine then went watched a movie with a friend."
"Ah. Well they know I don't like being profiled what else do they know?"
"That your a doctor."
"Cause you shouted bye dr."
"And that you own a store."
"You didn't say anything about me going through the academy did you?"
"No. So you are good there."
"Thank goodness. Don't need Garcia looking me up for Morgan."
"Yeah as soon as we got to the office he skipped all the way to her office going 'oh Garcia! Guess who I got to meet.' Had to explain how well you guys actually met."
"I won't be bringing you coffees anytime soon then." I told.
"That would be for the best. Don't need you getting detained cause you pepper sprayed Morgan."
"I mean it would be funny. But best not. So what movie or show tonight?"
"How about Friday the 13th?" He asked as he began to look for a new book.
"Love it!"
"It is one of your favourites." He told making me smile.
"You know your gonna have to be careful coming here after work now."
"Why's that?"
"Your coworkers could just follow you to see where I work."
"That is true. Did you know books are made up of paper, adhesive, and ink. When these materials degrade over time, they give off organic volatile compounds, which in turn produce a smell that's appealing to readers...."
"The reason the smell is so appealing may be because it has a hint of vanilla." I told making him smile even more.
"I see you know that one."
"I know like most of the facts you tell me Dr.Reid. I just like hearing them from you." I told.
He walked over and placed the new books on the counter.
"We should get wine or beer to celebrate your victory." I told.
"We can get some beer on the way back to my place."
"Awesome."
He payed for the books and I closed up shop as we headed back picking up some burgers on the way. We headed to his places and opened up beers as a victory.
"To catching the bad guy." He said.
"To catching the bad guy and not getting kidnapped." I told before we clinked our bottles together.
He put the movie on and before we could start eating there was a knock at his door. He got up and opened it before quickly closing it so I was hidden.
'Odd.....unless!'

(Spencer p.o.v)

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I began to wave my hand so she could hide with her food and beer.
"We came to celebrate solving another case." Morgan told.
'This is bad!'
"But why didn't you call me before showing up?"
"We did."
"You didn't answer." Jj told.
"Tonight isn't a good time." I told
"She in the lounge as we speak?" Morgan asked.
"No. I'm just watching Friday the 13th by myself enjoying a nice quite night."
"At least one drink?" Garcia asked.
"Fine only one drink." I told as I let them in.
I quickly took them to my kitchen and had them all stay there as I went back and paused the movie hoping it gave a signal to River to quickly leave if she could. While I was distracting everyone I heard my door quietly open and close again making me smile knowing she got out without being noticed.
"She was here!" Morgan exclaimed once he saw my smile.
"Too bad she left without being seen." I told as my smile grew.
"You are so unfair."
'I'll text her when they go home....if they go home.'
They all had drinks and I could tell they weren't leaving anytime soon. I decided I would text her but she decided to call me. I picked it up and sat on the couch to help quite the noise for her.

"Hey Dr."
"Hey Dr.Reid. Your friends still over?"
"They are. Getting drunk in my kitchen as we speak."
"You didn't have to pick up if they were still over."
"I wanted to. Sorry we couldn't watch the movie like we planned."
"It's all good. We can just watch it on your day off."
"That we can."

I was cut off when Morgan grabbed my phone and put it to his ear.

"Hello Dr. you know I'm a little hurt you didn't say hi to us when we were here."

"Morgan give me my phone back."

"You two were watching a movie together?! No he didn't tell us."

He mouthed she's nice to me as I tried to get my phone off of him.

"What's that you're gonna come and meet us only if I give the phone back to Dr.Reid. Ok if you say so."

He handed the phone back to me and I placed it to my ear.

"Your coming here?"
"What no way. Only way for you to get it back without seeing my name unless it's just Dr in your contacts."
"It is. For cases like this."
"Smort. Well I'm going to let you get back to your friends. We can talk later."
"Talk later Dr."
"Talk later Dr.Reid."

I hung up the phone and looked at Morgan to see him with the biggest smile on his face.
"So when is she going to arrive?"
"Never. She just said it to get the phone back to me."
"That's rude."
"Ok you guys, no more drinks I would like to get back to my night before you guys show up." I told
"He is just saying that cause he wants his lady friend to show back up here."
"We had plans there's nothing wrong with that."
"So how often do you guys hang out?" Jj asked
"Unless she is working late cause a shipment came in late then most nights when I'm in town."
"She knows you leave often." Prentiss asked.
"She knows I work in the Fbi. It was only fair she knew what I did since I know what she does."
"So when are you going to ask her out?" Morgan asked
"Never."
"Sure."
"Now that I know you guys won't stop asking about her I'm going to have to try extra hard now to keep you guys separate from one another."
"She knows about you keeping us separate?" Garcia asked
"Yeah. I told her when we were starting to become friends and she agreed to it."
It took awhile for them to sober up enough to be able to drive home and after an hour and they weren't on either floors I texted River that we can finally finish our movie.